Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Sage doesn't turn my Sim into Spellcaster after turning in Motes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except Journey to Batuu and the Country Kitchen & Courtyard Oasis kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to the magic realm and ask a Sage 'Show How to Use Magic'. They will give you Mote Sight and you collect 7 motes. Turn them into the Sage.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sage does not turn my sim into a Spellcaster.
What do you expect to see? The Sage to turn my sim into a Spellcaster after giving them the 7 motes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only occurs in the one save file, but has occurred with two different households in this save file. None of these sims are, or ever have been, any other occult. I was using mods & CC but removed them, deleted the localthumbcache file, repaired my game and then went back in to test and the issue was still occurring.
I don't know if it's relevant, but the Sages that come with Realm of Magic (Morgyn Ember, L. Faba & Simeon Silversweater) had been moved into empty houses and so the game had generated new Sages. I evicted the original sages so they are 'Not Currently in World' and also moved them to 'Not Played Households' in case this helped, however they are still not the Sages and the bug is still there.
This link is the closest I've found to the same issue: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/966188/cant-become-a-spellcaster 
This is the link to the save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EKSijYlmUFmc4wF3OnMD5MUHZK4FNSlP?usp=sharing

Thank You!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sage doesn't turn my Sim into Spellcaster after turning in Motes

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

I've finally managed to test this in my game and it's worked!

In this save, the Sages weren't Spellcasters (but yes, they were in the other save with the auto-generated Sages). I suspect it was something to do with my mods ~blush~ because I followed your instructions with my mods back in my game, but the Sages that kept spawning weren't Spellcasters. It wasn't until I'd removed my mods again that your suggestion worked.

So, for anyone else who may have this issue:

1) I moved my mods folder to the desktop

2) I deleted my localthumbcache.package file

3) I repaired my game

4) I travelled to the Magic Realm and added the three sages to my household (using Shift + Click)

5) From the Manage Worlds view I went into the household and deleted the 'Sages' from my household

6) When I next loaded into the Magic Realm the Sages that had spawned were Spellcasters, and were able to turn my Sim!

Thank you SO much for your help! :0D

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,209 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Oddshooz Could you explain a bit more what happens if you ask ?

Is the option greyed out ? Does nothing happen at all ? Do they just refuse to do it ?

Have you successfully turned any Sims in that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crinrict,

The 'Turn in Motes' interaction under the 'Friendly...' social is supposed to trigger a response from the Sage, which automatically adds 'Be Transformed into Spellcaster' to your Sim's queue. However, the Turn in Motes interaction is not triggering this response in the Sage. So yes, the Sage just refuses to do it and yes, nothing happens at all - the Sage takes the Motes (they are removed from my Sim's inventory) and then the Sage just continues with their idle animation before going off to do something else, and my Sim also just goes off to do something else.
I have not been able to turn any Sims in this save, but can in other save files.

I hope this makes sense - please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you for getting back to me!

Message 3 of 8 (1,297 Views)

Hero
@Oddshooz Do you have the original spellcasters in other games ? It's possible that could be the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have now tested this in another save file I have where the original Sages have been replaced by new, auto-generated ones; and my Sim was still able to become a Spellcaster by these new Sages, as they should.

Thanks Crin.

Message 5 of 8 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Oddshooz still doing testing on your save but I noticed that the current sages aren't spellcasters it seems.

In the other game you just tested where it works, are the sages spellcasters ?

EDIT: I added the three sages to my household, then deleted them and let the game spawn new ones. This time they spawned as spellcasters and were able to turn the Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

I've finally managed to test this in my game and it's worked!

In this save, the Sages weren't Spellcasters (but yes, they were in the other save with the auto-generated Sages). I suspect it was something to do with my mods ~blush~ because I followed your instructions with my mods back in my game, but the Sages that kept spawning weren't Spellcasters. It wasn't until I'd removed my mods again that your suggestion worked.

So, for anyone else who may have this issue:

1) I moved my mods folder to the desktop

2) I deleted my localthumbcache.package file

3) I repaired my game

4) I travelled to the Magic Realm and added the three sages to my household (using Shift + Click)

5) From the Manage Worlds view I went into the household and deleted the 'Sages' from my household

6) When I next loaded into the Magic Realm the Sages that had spawned were Spellcasters, and were able to turn my Sim!

Thank you SO much for your help! :0D

Message 7 of 8 (1,210 Views)

Hero
@Oddshooz Do you have any idea which mod could be the cause ?

Glad it worked for you without them

Moving this to tech as mod issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,192 Views)