Re: The plumbob on the loading screen glitches out and is replaced with llama im

by kdollasignnnn

Original Post

Re: The plumbob on the loading screen glitches out and is replaced with llama im

@kdollasignnnn  Please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.  The point is to see whether everything works in a clean folder; if it does, you can start transferring over your content.  Be sure to retest each time though, so you know right away if some file or files cause another crash.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 30 (1,982 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did that, i'm still having the issue... I found out that it's something in the mods folder, and I tried the 50/50 method, and I still cant find it.

Message 12 of 30 (1,975 Views)

@kdollasignnnn  If you started with a clean folder, you wouldn't have anything in the mods folder.  Please test in a completely fresh folder, newly spawned, with nothing in it.

Message 13 of 30 (1,966 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did start with a fresh folder, and I had no problems. But when I tried to put everything back in to test it, the problem came back.

Message 14 of 30 (1,963 Views)

@kdollasignnnn  Then put only a few files back at a time.  If that batch causes a problem, split it and retest.  It's a good idea to delete localthumbcache.package each time you test as well.

Message 15 of 30 (1,958 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay, so I traked it down, and it's something in my CAS folder... I just have to track it down. Is there a quicker way that I can find it?

Message 16 of 30 (1,929 Views)

@kdollasignnnn  The 50/50 method is pretty fast.  Even if you have literally a thousand files to sort, it should only take ten tests to find one bad file, or eleven once you test one last time to confirm that everything else works.

Message 17 of 30 (1,919 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've tried the 50/50 method 20 times, everytime I think I found the bad file, it still doesn't work, is their literally anything else I can do?

Message 18 of 30 (1,917 Views)

@kdollasignnnn  It's possible you have more than one bad file, in which case you'd have to keep retesting until you'd found all of them and confirmed that the rest worked.  But since you know the game works with none of that custom content present, it has to be something in that folder.

Hopefully you're deleting localthumbcache.package as well, since that stores cached images and can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 19 of 30 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay, so I've narrowed it down to 3 Test Folders, the first two were clean, the last one is the one with he bad file in it, I just have to search through it to find it.

Message 20 of 30 (1,898 Views)