by kdollasignnnn

Original Post

[MOD RELATED] Plumbob on the loading screen glitches/ replaced with llama image

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack except Eco-Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Moschino, Movie Hangout, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, and Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the loading screen. I'm not sure if this is happening to a lot of people.
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screen plumbob is replaced with a llama image.
What do you expect to see? The green plumbob.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The September 2020 update.

Hello, after updating my game recently, I noticed that it would crash after the title screen, I fixed that issue, then when loading, my plumbob on the loading screen was replaced with the image of a llama, usually the image when the game can't find something.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 30 (5,956 Views)

Re: The plumbob on the loading screen glitches out and is replaced with llama im

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@kdollasignnnn--try removing your Mods folder, deleting localthumbcache from your Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 folder, and repairing your game through Origin.

Message 2 of 30 (5,945 Views)

Re: The plumbob on the loading screen glitches out and is replaced with llama im

★★ Apprentice

I've tried that already, it still did the same thing.

Message 3 of 30 (5,942 Views)

★★ Expert
how about if you 'reset' game settings? rename The Sims 4 folder in Documents -> Electronic Arts to "The Sims 4 Backup" (so this keeps all your previous game data; you can copy it to a different place in your computer too) and start the game.
Message 4 of 30 (5,931 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's saying I need more space to do so, I copy it to the desktop correct?

Message 5 of 30 (5,906 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nevermind, I removed the mods folder and then copied it to the desktop.

Message 6 of 30 (5,901 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That still didn't make a difference. I removed the mods folder, generated a new sims 4 file, tested the game without, it ran smoothly with no issues, I then exited to test it with mods, and I ran into the issue again.

Message 7 of 30 (5,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. It’s also not showing Seasons or Eco Lifestyle as being in my game, even though I’ve double checked that they’re installed via Origin. I’m also unable to access the Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu?

Message 8 of 30 (5,879 Views)

★★ Novice

If you are using a custom load screen try removing it. That worked for me. Good luck!

Message 9 of 30 (5,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I did that, and now i'm having my previous issue where the game crashes after the title screen. I literally just want to play my game without any issues. I've repaired the game with/without mods. I've cleared the Origin cache. I removed the custom loading screen. I've tried literally everything possible.

Message 10 of 30 (5,747 Views)