[MOD RELATED] No tiny living lot type

by manakochi

Original Post

Re: Tiny living lot type not available?

@briannavel @emy99711 and @koolkit14  Try repairing the game in Origin.  If that doesn't help, please remove your Mods folder from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, delete localthumbcache.package, and test again.  Don't worry about missing items—you don't need to save your progress.  This is just to see whether one of your mods is the culprit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 44 (5,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, I can both help you out. I've had the same issue and after taking out new (updated) mods I added, I found that it is the  mod. If you have it installed and have a sim who uses it, make sure to quit the career (I'm sure it comes with an  or something) and then delete the mod. Make sure to delete localthumbcache before starting up the game again. It doesn't affect existing saves so even if you delete the mod, you can still play them.

All we can do is wait until an updated version comes out. One tip I can give you (and a few more people probably stumbling across this) is to make a temporary folder inside your Mods folder (Name it "NEW" or something) and place your mods in there for the time. It's gonna be easier to find and sort which mods work and which won't if you have a large mods folder like me Large smile

EDIT: To explain why this is happening, List inside the folder of the mod (responsible for the "" Lot Type) seems to be broken with the SP.  The author is most likely aware of it though and release a fix soon

(Removed reference to mods that increase the age rating of the game, lets keep it PG on the forum) - Atic 

Message 12 of 44 (5,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was about to ask this exact question. It was very annoying because I was so excited to make a tiny home and the option was not there every time I tried.

(Remove profanity) - Atic 

Message 13 of 44 (5,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well, for me it wasn't the mod, but another one, I do not yet know which one though. I took out all mods and it worked. I can say though that it isn't UI Cheats Center.

(Removed reference to mods that increase the age rating of the game, lets keep it PG on the forum) - Atic 

Message 14 of 44 (5,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SashewisIf you have a mod that adds a new venue type or a career is playable through a custom venue (like ), try taking that out, deleting localthumbcache and trying it again. Load an existing save and check the Lot Types again (you don't need to save while going through and checking the lot types, it's just so you can see when "Tiny Home Residential" appears as a type)

Also, I noticed when I removed the mod that was causing it that a popup came asking me if I wanna place a Tiny Living house down, which might happen too as you take out mods (assuming you haven't gotten that screen already)

Message 15 of 44 (5,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I tried all that already.  It's still not showing up.  I don't know what do now.  

Message 16 of 44 (5,242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I found out that I can access this lot type if I place a premade.  In order to be able to build my own I have to bulldoze the house.  

Message 17 of 44 (5,222 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone! 

I removed reference to mods that increase the age rating of the game, lets keep it PG on the forum. 

/Atic 

Message 18 of 44 (5,144 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] No tiny living lot type

★★★★ Guide

Not sure if this is related but, although I don't have the new stuff pack, I've noticed that there is also no Tiny Living lot type in Gallery filters either. My game is currently modless, repaired, etc.

Message 19 of 44 (5,082 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] No tiny living lot type

Hero
@paradiseplanet27 My gallery is currently not working but I doubt it's related. Probably just didn't get added yet.

Feel free to create a bug report for it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 44 (5,078 Views)