Re: Can't use build mode

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

build mode ui not showing up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? i go into build mode and the ui doesnt show up, but i can still move stuff and place walls with the b shortcut.
What do you expect to see? the ui working fine
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I opened sims up today everything worked as usual ( i was making a family) once i made the family i tried to redesign the house i just moved into and the ui just didn't show up, i deleted the out of date ui mod and tried to reopen the game and i was greeted with the same problem, so i removed all the mods out of the folders and alas the problem occurred again, i even uninstalled sims but no use ? why is this.

Message 81 of 97 (1,828 Views)

Re: build mode ui not showing up

Hero
@b1adetuck Try deleting your localthumbcache file

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 97 (1,805 Views)

Build Mode Freezes and UI and all options are gone.

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? Version 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get To work, Get together, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University,And City Living. Game Packs:Strangerville, Vampires, Dine Out, and Outdoor retreat Stuff Packs:Laundry Day,Bowling Night, and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? First you go into Build mode and everything freezes for a second.
What happens when the bug occurs? After it freezes it goes into build mode. But the build mode UI is not there and when I switch back to live mode the UI is not there either.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the UI’s there and working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed the most recent mod I downloaded which was get to school but the problem is still happening.

I have no pictures but the whole UI is gone at the bottom and no options when I click on things like to talk to other sims.

Message 83 of 97 (1,784 Views)

Re: Build Mode Freezes and UI and all options are gone.

Hero
@ybgood2 Are you using the UI Cheat extension mod ? If so, did you make sure you have the newest version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 97 (1,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh yes I think I do your such a life saver! I wanted to play my new family so bad!!!

Message 85 of 97 (1,732 Views)

Hero
@ybgood2 Make sure all your mods are still compatible with the current patch level.

Merging with master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 86 of 97 (1,729 Views)

Can't use build mode

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? unsure, just been updates though
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? I enter build mode and the bar down the bottom doesn't show up, i ca still more stuff thats already on the lot but can't sell or buy anything.
What do you expect to see? The build bar down the bottom, i should be able to add and remover things in the lot.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As soon as i added Island living it stopped working, unsure how to fix it. I've tried to contact EA but haven't gotten anywhere. 

Message 87 of 97 (1,687 Views)

Hero
@cloclo1641 Merged your post with the master thread on this.

This issue is caused by an outdated version of the UI Cheat extension mod. Make sure to update the mod (any any other mods you might be using)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 97 (1,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i started to experience the build and buy menu issues for awhile now, i've read all the comments and did what was suggested but nothing has worked, i deleted all old files past 2018, repaired the game at least 4 times, idk whats going on with my game it's very frustrating. can someone please help

Message 89 of 97 (1,507 Views)

@JohannaN524  The UI Cheats mod became outdated again in June, so if you have a slightly older version, you'll need to remove or update it too.

If that doesn't help, please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then launch the game to create a new folder.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the game is back to normal.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 90 of 97 (1,474 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help