Re: oh great another bug . (cant use the damn build/buy menu at all  )

by Bra1nBlast3d

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Missing Buy/Build

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest one (just updated it)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except toddler stuff , moschino stuff , and laundry day .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? dunno it has happened to me randomly .
What happens when the bug occurs? the build and buy window has completely disappeared since the update. Was working fine with every singe one of my mods , until the update....
What do you expect to see? well if this happens it just makes it unable to place furniture since the entire window is gone . I also cannot delete furniture giving I cannot get it back with the window not being there . You also cant return to live mode . so this is a serious bug .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the new one . 1/16/2020 .

and also  if i click on it i cannot return to live mode as well as the bar completely not showing up. Worked with all my mods before the update . I can disable mods and try again or try to update potentially outdated script mods because i'm guessing that is MOST likely the issue . Just thought i'd report this if anyone else has this problem so i know i'm not the only one .

Message 4 of 97 (13,335 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Guide

This is an issue caused by the UI Cheats mod. For future reference, on the day of an update you should not re-enable mods unless you know that they are compatible with the latest update. This should prevent problems like this in the future.

View in thread

Message 10 of 97 (13,252 Views)

All Replies

Re: Build Mode not working on Sims 4 with new update

★★★ Apprentice

I just noticed your post is old. I am having the exact same build mode problem from the update today, January 16th, 2000. Any ideas? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 97 (13,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I love how we both ended up on this super old thread today within like an hour of each other haha. Anyway, I was having the same issue and, after reading their suggestions, deleted Weerbesu's UI Cheat Extension Mod, which worked like a charm. Today's update must have rendered the UI Mod temporarily broken. Good news is, he's usually very fast to update it! But deleting it should work until that point.

Message 2 of 97 (13,216 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here, had this bug and deleted the UI cheats mod and I can access build mode fine. Here's to hoping for a quick fix!

Message 3 of 97 (13,213 Views)

★★★ Novice
issue resolved i just had to update a mod . you can close this now .
Message 5 of 97 (13,303 Views)

build/buy mode won’t work after update

★★ Novice

When I go to edit my sims home in build mode from live mode it doesn’t work! Anybody else? 

Message 6 of 97 (13,247 Views)

Re: build/buy mode won’t work after update

★★★★★ Apprentice

update UI Cheats mod

Message 7 of 97 (13,242 Views)

Re: build/buy mode won’t work after update

★★ Novice

Thanks so much 

Message 8 of 97 (13,235 Views)

★★ Novice

What mod did you have to update? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Message 9 of 97 (13,281 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

This is an issue caused by the UI Cheats mod. For future reference, on the day of an update you should not re-enable mods unless you know that they are compatible with the latest update. This should prevent problems like this in the future.

Message 10 of 97 (13,253 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help