[MOD RELATED] [DHD] Interior Design: Preference bubbles don't exists for clients

by Katana_of_Fire11

Original Post

Re: Interior Design pack bugs with clients

★★ Novice

omg. you are a life saver

Message 11 of 64 (3,833 Views)

★★ Novice

@HoneysSims4 This did work, but after I removed the mod I had to trash my current gig and select a new one for the correct UI to show.  Thanks for the help!!

Message 12 of 64 (3,782 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just removed this mod, even though I turned them off to try and fix the issue and it's now working after I deleted the current gig and got a new one...thank you! 

Message 13 of 64 (3,743 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech as it's obviously mod related.

Bug forum is only for EA bugs. If you have an issue with mods, report them with the creator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 64 (3,669 Views)

[DHD] Interior Decorator Gig Requirements Never Appear

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as an Interior Designer
What happens when the bug occurs? Gig requirements never appear in the career menu. Sim fails every job despite positive reactions. Performance always drops, sim never gets paid.
What do you expect to see? Gig requirements appear in career menu after appropriate client socials. Sim passes a job, performance goes up, sim is paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dream Home Decorator

Hi!

I tried playing as an Interior Decorator on a brand new save file yesterday & have encountered this problem every time my sim goes to work.  No matter what I do/how long I speak to clients, the gig requirements are never revealed.  I've had my sim examine every piece of furniture that they were able to and perform every decorator social multiple times, but I've never had any client preferences/gig requirements revealed to me in the job menu.  The client will mention that they like modern decor in a text pop up, but that preference never appears in the job menu.

Because of this, my sim has failed every job that they've undertaken.  Even when the reveal goes well & I receive positive client feedback, I still fail the job.  My sim loses reputation, does not get paid, and gets angry calls from every client.  I can only see career progress when I send my sim to work alone.

In short: gig requirements/client preferences never appear in the job window despite hours of client interactions.  I fail every time.  It's frustrating & has rendered the Interior Design career completely unplayable.  Feedback or a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 15 of 64 (3,699 Views)

Re: [DH] Interior Decorator Gig Requirements Never Appear

Hero
@magicalcow9798 Do you have actual question marks for the likes/dislikes ? Could you post a pic ?

Have you tried a game repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 64 (3,682 Views)

Can never learn Client's likes or dislikes in Career Panel (BUG?)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030 (latest 6/2/2021)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything BUT Journey to Batuu (Every Expansion, Game, Stuff, and Kit)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Interior Decorator Career, choose a gig, and show up to a Sim's lot on time or even earlier to get to know the Client.
What happens when the bug occurs? When asking friendly socials such as "what's your favorite color/hobby/decor/music" their dislikes and likes show up in the Notification menu but not on the Career's client panel. Asking and preforming the Interior Designer socials like "ask for moodboard/show previous works/etc" doesn't show anything up on the panel either. When I try to build what they'd like in the designated room they dislike my work despite tailoring it to their needs, they still do not like what I've done. (ie, client likes black and purple and gothic farmhouse but dislikes the room when I use these features) I have even cheated in CAS to see likes/dislikes/hobbies/music, reputation still suffers. There are multiple bugs, including insufferable lag.
What do you expect to see? Asking the Client for their dislikes and likes for color/music/decor/hobby will show up in the Notification panel AND on the Career Client's panel. Building with said objects they like should give me some reputation and/or performance even if it isn't on the panel. I should not have to cheat to see likes and dislikes. Discovering what my Client likes either through friendly socials or career oriented socials, I think, should give me a 75-100% chance on first try. I should not have to spend the whole 12 sim hour shift trying to wring an answer out of the Client.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading Dream Home Decorator (Latest Patch)

I use script mods like MCCC, , Skill Lock, Extreme Violence, Nisa's, UI Cheats Extension, Basemental, More CAS Columns for more quality of life in gameplay. I have updated all these mods to their 1.75 versions. I haven't tried running the game without these mods yet, but I've seen very similar issues others have had even when they don't run mods.

I also cannot see Sim Panel. (it is blank, or sometimes it will not show but the pause music will play) Sometimes when loading in the sim with the Interior Designer career, it will say she does not have a career but when I try to pick Interior Designer again, it does not show up on the list. I found that either recovering a save/reloading an older yet recent save fixes this error, but it is still annoying.

Message 17 of 64 (3,965 Views)

Re: Can never learn Client's likes or dislikes in Career Panel (BUG?)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@GHELP0 definitely try without the mods and see if it works then, If it still doesn’t work I suggest to you become apart of the other threads about this problem

Dont forget to delete Localthumbcache after toning the mods.

If it still doesn’t work maybe try repairing your game

Message 18 of 64 (3,940 Views)

Re: Can never learn Client's likes or dislikes in Career Panel (BUG?)

★★★★ Expert
@GHELP0 Normally these would show up on the Simology panel. However since the Simology panel is COMPLETELY BROKEN, there is no way to see what their preferences are. This makes the jobs SEVERELY difficult. It's a matter of guesswork.

I suspect this is why players like Lilsimsie are having so many problems. It's basically impossible to see what their preferences are.
Message 19 of 64 (3,923 Views)

Re: [DH] Interior Decorator Gig Requirements Never Appear

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I repaired the game last night and it didn’t fix the issue. The circles with question marks aren’t there. 

Message 20 of 64 (3,605 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help