[MOD RELATED] [DHD] Interior Design: Preference bubbles don't exists for clients

by Katana_of_Fire11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] [DHD] Interior Design: Preference bubbles don't exists for clients

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs except Journey to Batuu. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do a gig in the Interior Decorator career.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go with my sim to the gig, no "?" circles appear under the "Client" portion of the career UI. And when my sim performs interior decorator chat options/actions (for example, ask a sim about their decor preferences), no preferences/likes/dislikes appear in the UI, even after multiple attempts.
What do you expect to see? Round "?" bubbles in the "Client" section of the UI, and for preferences/likes/dislikes to appear after asking the clients the appropriate questions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought the Dream Home Decorator game pack and played it for the first time.

I just started playing with the Dream Home Decorator pack and my sim went on her first gig as an interior designer.  I couldn't find out any sim preferences (I knocked on the door, and asked every sim in the household multiple times using the interior decorator chat options) and no preferences popped up in the career UI under the "Client" section even after trying for hours in-game.  Even when I trashed the current gig and tried a different one the same thing occurred. I tried it with and without mods - same result.  I only figured out there was something wrong with the UI when I was watching some youtubers play the pack to try to figure out what I was doing wrong.  I have tried repairing and updating my game, restarting my computer - no change.

The first screenshot showing the bugged UI is from my game.  The two screenshots of the proper UI taken from lilsimsie's youtube video for reference purposes only.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 64 (10,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Interior Design pack bugs with clients

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A little update from a Simmer friend who has the same problem:
However, she plays with mods. By using the 50/50 method, she found out that the issue was caused by the Wonderful Whims mod, even though she had the latest version (updated June 1st 2021) in the game. So if you play with mods, it can be helpful to remove Wonderful Whims from the game for the time being.

CM Edit: Do not link to mods on AHQ. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 64 (10,493 Views)

All Replies

Help- Cannot gather likes and dislikes from client! Interior Design

★ Novice

Okay, so I got the new game pack. I was super excited about it too. 

I got my sim the job, and when I went to get my first job, the 'client' section is blank. I can see my to-do list and I can travel to the home.

However, when I get there and began to interact, I cannot see any likes or dislikes. I am basically just interacting with the client and not getting any information. I failed that job due to not being able to see likes and dislikes.

So, I got another gig. This time, I could see three '?' under the 'client' section! Therefore, I did very well on this job.

The next three turned out to be just like the first one. I keep failing jobs because I cannot get the dislikes and likes information! I tried getting a gig and then canceling it a couple of times to see if it would work, but that only hurt my reputation. I can attach a screenshot of what my panel looks like if needed...please help!

Message 2 of 64 (10,299 Views)

Interior Design pack bugs with clients

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust, throwback fit kit, country kitchen, fitniss stuff, toddler stuff, and kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in the interior design career panel
What happens when the bug occurs? the area to figure out a clients likes and dislikes is blank.
What do you expect to see? circles with question marks, or filled out client wants/likes and dislikes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this happened after the new patch update, as well as after the installation of the new game pack

currently the area to figure out a clients wants is blank

Message 3 of 64 (10,726 Views)

Re: Interior Design No Client Preferences

★ Novice

Are you sure the clients have decor preferences set? This was happening to me until I went in and manually set the clients' likes and dislikes before accepting the gig, then the UI appeared as normal with the ? circles. Hopefully there's a way to do this automatically without going into each household.

Message 4 of 64 (10,798 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue, and took all the steps you stated. Such a bummer to download a new pack that already has so many bugs.

Message 5 of 64 (10,790 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Katana_of_Fire11 I am facing the same issue. Blank client preferences panel. I also chose a household that I edited some days ago and I gave them likes and dislikes. So these are supposed to show up, but they don't when my decorater sim asks them about it. This issue makes the career unplayable.
Message 6 of 64 (10,687 Views)

Hero

HI @Katana_of_Fire11 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 64 (10,627 Views)

Re: Help- Cannot gather likes and dislikes from client! Interior Design

Hero
@abbimae123 are you using a certain adult mod or wonderful whims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 64 (10,233 Views)

Re: Interior Design pack bugs with clients

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A little update from a Simmer friend who has the same problem:
However, she plays with mods. By using the 50/50 method, she found out that the issue was caused by the Wonderful Whims mod, even though she had the latest version (updated June 1st 2021) in the game. So if you play with mods, it can be helpful to remove Wonderful Whims from the game for the time being.

CM Edit: Do not link to mods on AHQ. 

Message 9 of 64 (10,494 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream home decorator gig makes sims leave

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue!! I go to the lot and the client section is blank (no question marks for likes/dislikes to be learned) so can’t get to know the client and therefore the whole gig is a disaster and unplayable!

Message 10 of 64 (10,286 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help