Re: How do I fix this (Interior Designer career panel broken)?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dream Home Decorator

Champion

@chel013 , when you tried it with your mods/CC removed, did you also delete the localthumbcache.package file?  It can be found in your game folder by going to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.  
This file can keep bits of corrupted data that can cause problems so it is best to delete this file when you move your Mods out of the game to test if that is what is causing you problems. 

I do find it odd that you have never had the likes/dislikes displayed for your clients during a gig! Raised eyebrowWondering  Hopefully deleting the localthumbcache.package file will help!  

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 51 of 64 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Hi! Yes I just tried taking it all out, and the likes/dislikes of the client are still not there. There are very few times that it does work out, but I would say it’s about 1 out of every 5 tries. It’s odd because when I first bought the pack this never happened. 🤔

Thank you!
Message 52 of 64 (1,259 Views)

Re: Interior Design No Client Preferences

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update: I finally fixed it, with my mods in tact. It took me an upsetting amount of trial and error, but I fixed it. I completed the factory reset as instructed, worked at full base game (vanilla packs installed ofc, but without mods/my save files). Client UI would show up. Added my saves and mods, and it disappeared again. I did the factory reset again, but deleted the localthumbcache.package file this time around (before repairing, then testing). Worked full base game again (vanilla), added saves and mods, disappeared again. Looked over my folder, and thought I may as well delete the files "cache" and "cachestr" from the system. Deleted, did the factory reset, got on, worked base vanilla mode, added saves and mods, didn't work. I thought maybe I should see if it's the case if I made a new save file, with my mods included. It worked. I saved my households and lots, added one or two to the new save, and the client UI showed up. I have to re-enable script mods in my settings, but I hope the next time I open my game it will be fine.

TLDR; worked after a factory reset (+ deletion of all files/folders labelled "cache"), and when a new save file was made, even with my extended list of mods.

It makes me a little sad my old save files aren't working though. Is it corrupted or something? What do I do to fix it if possible?

Message 53 of 64 (1,241 Views)

Champion

@chel013 , thank you for trying it with the localthumbcache.package file deleted and for updating us! 😇  I'm sorry that didn't help! 😥

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 54 of 64 (1,225 Views)

Re: Interior Design No Client Preferences

@EMERALDSBEYOND  You can try recovering a backup version of your existing save.  Maybe one of those backups isn't affected.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 55 of 64 (1,213 Views)

How do I fix this (Interior Designer career panel broken)?

★★★★★ Novice

I was playing around with mods, and I think TwistedMexi’s ‘all cheats’ mod may have broken something. As you can see from the screenshot, the client preferences panel is now blank, which means that my sim won’t go to work when the allotted time comes (I don’t even get the ‘do you want to go to work with <Sim Name> or send alone…?’ dialogue box).

I have removed all mods, and repaired the game, but the problem persists. Is there a fix (other than removing everything and re-downloading (I have absolutely everything, and a poor connection, I could be sat here until Christmas!). 

I’m blaming Mexi’s mod because I was playing about with the ‘career promote’ option and that’s when it broke. Tried starting a new game, that obviously didn’t help either. 

Playing on a 2016 MacBook Pro running the latest version of Mojave 

Message 56 of 64 (1,176 Views)

Re: How do I fix this (Interior Designer career panel broken)?

Hero
@Rename23321 Merged your post with the master thread. This is mod related. Updating the culprit should work. Allcheats shouldn't cause this.

It's more a certain adult mod or wonderful whims

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 64 (1,115 Views)

Re: [DHD] Interior Decorator Gig Requirements Never Appear

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I had the same glitch after removing mods and resetting my folder. So now what???

I didnt have Wonderful whims, adult mods, or all cheats but now EA has decided this is a mods related glitch and is never going to fix it. I have this glitch w/o mods and this pack is completely unplayableFrown

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive posts]

Message 58 of 64 (967 Views)

Re: [DHD] Interior Decorator Gig Requirements Never Appear

Hero

hi @honeygirl25 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 64 (951 Views)

Interior Decorator glitch?

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? a lot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How would I know that?
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim, the interior decorator, needs to know the client there is nothing showing under the client tab, I've asked all the questions under the "interior decorator" interaction and nothing.
What do you expect to see? The tutorial says I should get some indications of what client wants done
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As I stated before and as you can see from the screenshot, I do not get any indication of what the clients want, even after asking all the questions over and over again. In fact, I actually rarely get the option to even ask about other sims' decor preferences, even while on the job. What should I do now? 

Message 60 of 64 (799 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help