[MOD RELATED] [DHD] GUI for Decorator Gig broken

by kcrizzo

Original Post

Can’t select gigs on Design Career

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Design career
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to select gigs.
What do you expect to see? A button to select gigs to try out the career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the game pack.

No more to say.

Spoiler
no more to say
Message 11 of 64 (11,208 Views)

Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator Bug

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After you select the interior design career
What happens when the bug occurs? It wouldn't let me select any gigs for the interior design career. It just kept saying, "Day Off". There was also no place that showed my reputation.
What do you expect to see? You should be able to select a gig and see your reputation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I took a screenshot

Message 12 of 64 (15,704 Views)

Re: interior design no gig

★★★ Newbie
@kcrizzo I had the same problem and all I had to do was update the UI extension cheat mod. So if you have that mod give it a try.
Message 13 of 64 (15,646 Views)

Dream Home Decorator career- No clipboard to select gigs

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dream Home Decorator, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get to Work, Star Wars, Realm of Magic, My first Pet, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? I joined the decorator career for the new Dream Home Decorator pack and when I go to my career panel the clipboard to show gigs is not there. There is no way for me to get a gig and there are no social interactions or anything regarding my job either.
What do you expect to see? There should be a clipboard icon in the career panel for me to choose gigs from.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 14 of 64 (11,304 Views)

Re: Can’t select gigs on Design Career

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@emma_kavanI had the same problem what I ended up doing was shift clicking on my sim and picking a gig through the debug menu. It actually seems to work now for me Standard smile and I can pick a new gig through the work tab now.
Hope this helps
Jaffa

Message 15 of 64 (11,180 Views)

Re: Can’t select gigs on Design Career

[ Edited ]
Hero

@emma_kavan Did you guys test this without mods ?

Is this what it looks like for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/interior-design-no-gig/td-p/10389618 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 64 (11,166 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator career- No clipboard to select gigs

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xxurfallenangel Could you please post a picture of what you're seeing ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Is this what it looks like: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/interior-design-no-gig/td-p/10389618 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 64 (11,266 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Rougelune31 are all your familys gone now or did you put everything back and its still working?
Message 18 of 64 (15,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It was my UI and my MCCC was outdated as well. Works well now.

I tried putting my saved game back but it wasn't working so I got frustrated and started over. It was because of the UI Extension mod, all over mods are back in and it works fine.

It was the UI ext mod causing issues, thank you! Works great now.

[CM - Merged consecutive posts]

Message 19 of 64 (15,446 Views)

Control Panel for Interior Design career??

★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

I couldn't wait to start the Interior Designer career, but the career panel barely shows me anything per career related.  I read through the lessons to go to the control panel to find gigs but ummm.....where is the control panel????  I have been to the computer, phone, clicked every possible place on the career panel and nothing.  Right now my career panel states Vacation is not needed and there isn't any option to click to search for gigs like I would do for the Actor career.

S.O.S. 

Message 20 of 64 (15,316 Views)