by heathbarwiley

Original Post

[MOD RELATED] [DHD] Before & After Photo task doesn't tick

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try taking a before photo and see if it checks off on your gig list.
What happens when the bug occurs? I take before photos. They are in my Sims's inventory and on the memory card, but it's not checking off as completed on the gig check list.
What do you expect to see? Task completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Normal game update before pack release.

The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator - Before & After Photos Issue: 

I take a before photo, but it does not check the task off as complete under the gig. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 2 of 89 (6,117 Views)

The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator - Before & After Photos Issue

★★★★ Novice

The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator - Before & After Photos Issue: 

When I click "Take a Before Photo" it opens my camera and a snap a shot. It's in my inventory and on the memory drive as a before photo. However, it's not checking off on the gig task list. Anyone else having this problem and/or have a fix?

Message 1 of 89 (6,017 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator - Gig List Before & After Photos Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@heathbarwileyAre you making sure that you take at least three photos? You need to take at least three before and after photos in order to tick off the tasks.

Message 3 of 89 (6,090 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I took a lot of photos, and when I click the memory card my photos are there. Just not checking off the task. 

Message 4 of 89 (6,084 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator - Before & After Photos Issue

★★ Novice

Came here looking to see if anyone else is having issues. Mine is too. Not sure if it’s some of the mods I have on the game, but based on the walkthrough, once you take the pictures it should mark the task as complete. Mine is not doing that, which makes it where I can’t call the residents back to show them the renovations. Frown 

Message 5 of 89 (5,943 Views)

★★ Novice

same.

Message 6 of 89 (5,935 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me, the objective didn't complete if I clicked the ground and chose "Take a Before Photo" from that menu, but I was able to complete it by using the phone menu.

Message 7 of 89 (5,889 Views)

Hero
@heathbarwiley Did you wait for the popup for the gig at the time the gig starts or just travel to the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 89 (5,960 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant do any of the objectives using any options except for remodeling. The pics are in my inventory from before, but the objective doesn't complete if I use the phone, click on the sim or on the floor. I can't complete getting to know the client. Nothing. I'm over it. 

Message 9 of 89 (5,861 Views)

Hero
@heathbarwiley Did you guys wait for the actual gig to start or just travel to the house as soon as you got the gig ?

Like do you get a pop up it started ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 89 (5,856 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help