[MOD RELATED] Blank grey/green-backgrounded boxes in CAS

by Maisha7197

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Blank grey/green-backgrounded boxes in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just updated my game and my CAS is glitching, the sliders look strange and so do the general ‘items’ in CAS

Message 11 of 69 (8,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Blank grey/green-backgrounded boxes in CAS

Hero
@Maisha7197 If you're using the More Columns mod, make sure you get the updated version for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 69 (10,076 Views)

All Replies

CAS Issue Clothing icons White

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All sept Stangeville and Jungle Adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't see some sims 4 cas items due to icons being white
What do you expect to see? being able to see the clothes icon
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Recently on CAS, everytime I go on there some of the clothing icons will be white, even Base game clothing. It's really annoying cause I can't see what's what. Has anyone had this before and if so how did they fix it?

BTW I recently Uninstalled Re-shade as I was having issues with the shortcut all of a sudden stopped working.

helppp.png

Message 1 of 69 (8,353 Views)

Re: CAS Issue Clothing icons White

★★★★ Novice
Message 2 of 69 (8,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Do you have the extra columns to? @janaebrownn 

Message 3 of 69 (8,326 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@11johncockv Yeah, I have the 4 columns
Message 4 of 69 (8,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I thought I'd try troubleshoot myself so I took my mods out and it was normal, so I slowly added mods back in in a large group. And then found out it was that. I think the update has thrown it off and it needs an update from the owner. @janaebrownn  I don't know if this is the case for you. Try taking it out and see if it fixes it.

It's a shame if so cause of how much CC I have but hopefully there will be a fix soon. 

Message 5 of 69 (8,308 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@11johncockv I took it out and it did fix it. I went on the modthesims page and searched up the mod again, and people have commented the patch broke that mod so others are experiencing it too
Message 6 of 69 (8,300 Views)

Hero
@janaebrownn Moving this to tech as it's a mod issue.

Please always make sure you only use mods that are updated for a patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 69 (8,246 Views)

Sim appearance issue

★★★ Newbie

My sim has got white patches all over skin etc, have created a new household and restarted but still happens and on only one sim 

Message 8 of 69 (8,171 Views)

Re: Sim appearance issue

Hero (Retired)
@Brogzz_G

Check if this sim uses some CC. like skin, clothes even eyes and hairs.

If yes - delete this CC in the mods folder, delete also localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and check if he still has this patches.
After yesterday patch a lot of scripts mods and CC from CAS are broken.
Check CC creators if they have a new updated version of CC or script mods what you are using.

I don't work for EA
Message 9 of 69 (8,160 Views)