[MOD RELATED] All my doors are missing/ Can't place doors

by Buggirlyy

Original Post

APARTMENT DOORS GONE, EA PLEASE FIX! [DOOR BUG]

★★★ Newbie

Okay so I updated my sims game after the new update for June 2019. I already had mods and script mods installed in my game. When I loaded my game all apartment doors were gone, this includes neighbors as well. MY SIMS CANT GET INTO THEIR APARTMENT. I searched many questions and some people said it could be issues with mods needing to be updated or etc. I DID THAT. I updated my mods, didn't work, I got rid of all my mods and my game still isn't loading apartment doors! I didn't have this issue till after the update. I have tried to repair the game as well doesn't work. NOTHING IS WORKING! EA please fix this! I cant play my game because my apartment doors are gone and I cant place them either PLEASE HELP!! Frown

Message 191 of 487 (1,600 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] All my doors are missing/ Can't place doors

@sakigguk  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the accepted solution (second post on page 1) for more details.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 192 of 487 (1,594 Views)

Re: APARTMENT DOORS GONE, EA PLEASE FIX! [DOOR BUG]

★★★ Guide

The creator of the outdated mod that caused the missing doors is Basemental.  If you update his mod that will prevent the doors from disappearing again.  If you saved your game with missing doors, you will need to roll back a save to get the doors back as you cannot replace exterior doors in an apartment building.  

Message 193 of 487 (1,567 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah happened with me with the adult mod and it got aggravating so I haven't played with that mod since like early June? I think

Message 194 of 487 (1,499 Views)

Re: Doors disappeared/ Cannot be placed

★★★ Newbie

Same did you fix it by any chance ?!

Message 195 of 487 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TwizBit Did you find a fix ?
Message 196 of 487 (1,475 Views)

Re: APARTMENT DOORS GONE, EA PLEASE FIX! [DOOR BUG]

★★★ Newbie
@kloving1970 What do you mean by roll back a save please expand
Message 197 of 487 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ILoveMeEmmaGI did! I had to go back and recover an old save, which worked but lost some progress.

If you haven't saved more than four times since the door disappeared, the game should still have old auto backups which you can see if you click Load from the main menu and click the Recover old saves button on the save game selection screen.

Message 198 of 487 (1,463 Views)

★ Novice

Did you ever get your doors back. Or how did u place then if you did. I have 5 apts that o can’t even use because of this. It’s like my whole city living is ruined 

Message 199 of 487 (1,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BigFine2233

Unfortunately, if you saved the game after that door disappeared, despite the fact that you got rid of mods what caused it, this error in your current save will remain. The only option is to go back to the earlier save - after getting rid of broken mods.

Message 200 of 487 (1,372 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help