Re: Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

by MajSD34

Original Post

★ Novice

I didn't have that mod when updating the game and I still had the problem pytting doors anywhere

Message 111 of 487 (1,384 Views)

Re: All my doors are missing

★★ Novice

I dont use the mod that cannot be named. I took out MC Command Center and Ui Extension cheats. Still not working. I cant place doors. Any other tips? 

Message 112 of 487 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@oneofthosedais same happened to me if you remove all mods it fixes the problem but i dont know what is causing it or how to fix and use mods
Message 113 of 487 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had this problem & l found that the <adult mod> needed to be updated after the island patch.  That worked for me.

Message 114 of 487 (1,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It was <Adult mod> for me. <Adult Mod> seems to be fine with it.

Message 115 of 487 (1,354 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] All my doors are missing/ Can't place doors

★★★★★ Newbie

oh my goodness thank you soooo much it worked i have been trying to fix it since i updated my game and it worked because i have that mod in my game. Thank you so much Heart

Message 116 of 487 (1,325 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] All my doors are missing/ Can't place doors

Hero

For those still having issues, try resetting your user folder (see below)

Also, doors will also be removed if you were using cc doors and turned off cc. You should be able to place new ones if that's the case.

There could be other mods causing this issue.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 117 of 487 (1,320 Views)

Re: Script Call Failed on doors?

★★★ Newbie

Same problem but I tried everything. I removed all mods, cleared cache, ran a repair on the Sims 4, I even ran batch fixes on the Sims 4 studio. I'm think of just uninstalling the game which is sad because i put in a lot of work so far.

Message 118 of 487 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@kristina_ev The <adult mod> was causing it. I updated the mod yesterday & now my doors are back.

Message 119 of 487 (1,193 Views)

I can't put doors on lots.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It keeps saying "script call failed" as if it would be cc and I didn't have the mesh. It's both cc and game doors, also all the doors in every lot I go are not there. This has never happened before, just after I installed Island Living. How to fix this?

Message 120 of 487 (1,194 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help