Re: Script Call Failed on doors?

by EternalSimmers

Original Post

Script call failed

★★★★★ Apprentice

With this new update, we received, has messed up the scripts in my game — both CC and non-CC. I can't put any doors in my house, and all of the electronics have been removed and placed in my inventory and are not able to be placed in my sims house. Every time I try to set a door or even these electronics, it says script failed. Now my sims are stuck in their room. How can this be fixed? 

Message 71 of 487 (15,787 Views)

Re: Script call failed

Message 72 of 487 (15,830 Views)

Re: Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen i did that it still didnt work for me
Message 73 of 487 (16,152 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I  have taken out all my modes and now my game isn't working at all.....now what? 

Message 74 of 487 (16,143 Views)

All my doors disappeared! (Sims 4 PC)

★★★ Newbie

So. My doors disappeared. I of course looked it up and found it was mod related. I disabled all my cc and mods and it worked! But now I can’t add all the doors back on places outside my lot! My sims live in an apartment and now they can’t get in because the wall I need to place a door on is considered “outside my owned area”! How do I fix this? Do I need to refurnish my whole apartment again and remake the household?

Message 75 of 487 (16,139 Views)

Champion (Retired)

What do you mean by "isn't working at all"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 76 of 487 (16,128 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@nessatay2223

Have you moved your mods folder to the desktop?
If yes - now delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
It can help.
But there is a possibility that your current saves have been damaged. This mod isn't remaining only in the mods folder. It overwrites files in your saves folder also.
In this case, move the saves folder to the desktop. turn on the game and check if it will work now without mods and with virgin save folder
Message 77 of 487 (16,115 Views)

Doors are gone and cant be placed

★ Novice

After the 6/18/19 patch update, all of the doors in my game have disappeared. I am also receiving the error message "Script call failed" when trying to place a door. I noticed that computers seem to be missing as well from places such as the library.

Message 78 of 487 (16,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SchrodingersKing Yeah same thing happened to me! I got a message from <Adult Mod> today as I updated the game today but as i was waiting for it to update, I downloaded some cc because of the <Adult Mod> mod message, I deleted all the cc I recently downloaded but still didn't work. I'm really confused and I don't think that it was my cc or mods.

Message 79 of 487 (16,066 Views)

★ Novice

Removing WW as well as Basementals worked for me! 

Message 80 of 487 (15,967 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help