Re: Cannot Add Doors

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: All my doors are missing

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is caused by some adult mods. I cannot name them here as we can't talk about mods that raise the rating of the game at AHQ.

EA does not officially support mods/cc and you're always using them at your own risk. They will not fix this issue. You need to get the updated version of the mods or remove them.

If you have further issues, please try the suggestion below.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 487 (120,407 Views)

Cannot Add Doors

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Parenthood, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Dine Out, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, City Living, Spa Day, Get to Work. Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try adding door to the room
What do you expect to see? A door being placed in a wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game for the June patch.

Ever since I updated my game I have been unable to add doors to my rooms due to "Script call fail", and all the already-added doors simply disappeared. 

Message 52 of 487 (6,493 Views)

Re: Cannot Add Doors

Hero

Hi @AshloGuilty 

merged your post with existing thread.

Please remove your mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 487 (6,338 Views)

TS4 UPDATE: DOORS NOT WORKING

★★★ Newbie

Important question: Am I the only one experiencing problems with the doors after the new TS4 update?! All my doors are deleted and I can't even place new ones = it's impossible to play the game at all Frown also some of the control keys won't respond either, like it won't zoom or rotate. this is so frustrating, I'm assuming it could be an issue with the new script / patch, so i can't be the only one with this problem?

(yes i have tried to remove all CC and mods, they are not causing this issue)

Message 54 of 487 (6,325 Views)

Re: TS4 UPDATE: DOORS NOT WORKING

[ Edited ]
Champion

@fridaljunggren95  thank you for telling us you use Mods/CC.  Angel  But sometimes it isn't enough to just remove the mods. Disappointed  Here is what you can do:

1) After temporarily removing your Mods folder to your desktop (which you already have done)...

2) delete the localthumbcache.package file in the Game Folder.

2) Fix you game in Origin by Logging in to Origin and go to the "Library" and right-click on The Sims 4 and choose "Repair game" from the list. Wait for Origin to fix all of the packs you own, and not just the base game.

3) Turn on the game.  This will make the game create a new Mods folder that will be empty. Check to see if your game is now working properly.

If this fixes your game then it was the Mods/CC causing the problem and you would need to get updated versions of any of your Mods or CC that is broken from the people who created them, once they have updated them.

But it can be difficult to find which Mod or CC is the culprit.  You can read about the process in the link below.  If you have a lot of mods/CC you will have to do the 50/50 Method explained in a flow chart in the first spoiler section.  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/CC-and-Mod-Use/td-p/6980073

My doors are present in my game, but I have never used Mods or CC. Raised eyebrow  

If removing your Mods/CC , deleting your local thumb cache package file, and repairing your game in Origin doesnt' help, then your problem is something else, at least in part.

Please reply back to update us what happens! Standard smile

Best of luck! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 55 of 487 (6,314 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Stu

★★★★ Novice

I have found that I cannot place doors in walls or place computers. 

Message 56 of 487 (6,334 Views)

Re: can't place door

Hero

HI @MamaYoung143 

the not being able to place doors is mod/cc related. The computer probably too.

Please make sure to only use mods/cc that is either deemed fine to work with the patch or updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 487 (6,328 Views)

Problem with June 18th patch

★★★ Newbie

hello , after the update on June 18th I keep getting a message in building mode that says "script call error",The game has removed all my doors and every time I try to place a door that message comes up. I updated and removed CC and Mods and I still have that problem. Moreover I can't rotate my screen I can only zoom in and out . Someone help please

Message 58 of 487 (6,324 Views)

Re: Problem with June 18th patch

Hero

@mimiroberts02 wrote:

hello , after the update on June 18th I keep getting a message in building mode that says "script call error",The game has removed all my doors and every time I try to place a door that message comes up. I updated and removed CC and Mods and I still have that problem. Moreover I can't rotate my screen I can only zoom in and out . Someone help please

The script error and not being able to place door is related to certain adult mods. Try removing those

About the camera: Are you on a mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 487 (6,318 Views)

Re: Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

★★★ Newbie

the doors are ea content, i have no mods that effect doors or pc's, which also dissapeared and wont place again, the mods work fine, once enabled again, even without them, the update is bugged, this isnt a individual occurance, we dl'd the legal game update and boom, no doors, no pc's.......both script errors on items that are not cc

Message 60 of 487 (6,288 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help