Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] All my doors are missing/ Can't place doors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions besides Island Living. I have Toddler pack, Dinout, jungle adventures, backyard, laundry, vintage.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I updated my game, and all the doors in the game are gone. Can't add doors. All doors from houses, and apartments are gone.
What do you expect to see? I want my doors back so i can enter my houses
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game

Basically, i exited from the game and then it automatically updated... And now all the doors to houses, building and apartments are gone. I cant get into my apartment. I tried moving and all those doors were gone. All my neighbor's doors are gone. I tried Repairing the game by clicking repair. I deleted my mods and redownloaded to see if that was the problem. This didnt happen until it updated about 45 minutes ago. I can't even add doors either.

Message 4 of 487 (118,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: All my doors are missing

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is caused by some adult mods. I cannot name them here as we can't talk about mods that raise the rating of the game at AHQ.

EA does not officially support mods/cc and you're always using them at your own risk. They will not fix this issue. You need to get the updated version of the mods or remove them.

If you have further issues, please try the suggestion below.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 487 (120,192 Views)

All Replies

Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

★★ Novice

So I figured I'd go ahead and update my game and check out the new door swatches, but instead all of the doors ( on both residential and community lots ) are gone and I can't place new ones. Is this an issue I can easily fix, or am I just going to have to wait for the next update?

Message 1 of 487 (118,123 Views)

Re: Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having the same issue too!! Frown( I have to use the bunker door (sorry I am not sure for the english term as my game is not English) to replace everything, it works, but very silly lol.

I've tried the sims4 studio, it doesnt work neither.

Hope this will be fixed soon!

Message 2 of 487 (118,112 Views)

Re: Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

When there is a major patch a lot of Mods and CC are broken and their authors needs to update them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 487 (118,056 Views)

★ Guide

My doors in StrangerVille are missing after today's update. When I try to place doors, I'm unable to, and it says something about script problems. I'm able to place archways, though.

Message 5 of 487 (118,286 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue, all my doors disappeared after the update. When I tried putting them back (both EA & CC) I got a message saying "script call failed."

Message 6 of 487 (118,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm hearing this is due to a mod I can't really name here.

Are you guys using that ? If so, please remove it.

Please make sure to update all your mods where necessary. Here's a list: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 487 (118,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI am, will do. Thanks!

I removed it and everything is working now =)

Message 8 of 487 (118,270 Views)

★ Novice

I too get that message when trying to place doors and trying to replace EA placed doors. I went to place a laptop down and got the same “scrip call fail” message. 

Message 9 of 487 (118,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict, @Nindigo79 what's the mod I have to remove? I don't understand

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 10 of 487 (118,166 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help