Re: I can no longer place doors after updating

by ggxox89

Original Post

I can no longer place doors after updating

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? opening the game and attempting to place a door on any lot
What happens when the bug occurs? "script call fails" message when a door is attempted to be placed. all existing doors are also gone
What do you expect to see? doors be able to be placed and used
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated game to latest version

all doors on existing lots have disappeared. I have checked to see if this is a problem on all my saves and it is. regardless of whether I play with mods or vanilla, the problem is still there.

Message 411 of 487 (882 Views)

Hero
@bonnieisahoe Seems like there's still a mod active. This has been known to be caused by a mod by basemental. Make sure to delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods and move the mods folder to the desktop

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 412 of 487 (873 Views)

the doors in the sims 4 won't work

★★ Newbie

when I try to put doors down in my sims 4 game it says cell script failed what do I do about that

Message 413 of 487 (855 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled the mod Basemental and re installed th updated mod and was still having an issue with doors and electronics. So I've removed the mod completely and its working thankyou

Message 414 of 487 (849 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] All Script Fail/Doors Missing

★★★ Newbie

My game was doing that too I'm like wtf I couldn't go in the houses or anything. So I'm happy that they found out that it was Basemental Mod, because I was losing my mind.

Soon as I deleted that it started working again, thanks guys Standard smile

Message 415 of 487 (836 Views)

Re: All Script Fail

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem and nothing is working, I removed the basement mod and that didn't work and it got to the point where I deleted all mods and my doors are still gone. Help me pls.

Message 416 of 487 (925 Views)

Re: All Script Fail

Champion (Retired)

@meagannmatthews 

If you saved after discovering they were gone then you made the issue permanent and will either need to replace all doors in the game or start a new game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 417 of 487 (920 Views)

Re: Script Call Failed on doors?

★★★ Newbie

I solved this issue in my own game, thought I would share since I came across this thread while trying to solve the issue. The problem started when I updated my game; I have mods-enabled and script mods enabled. I would get the same message when trying to place any door. I went back into my options while in-game and disabled script mods. After a quick restart, the game worked.

Message 418 of 487 (1,222 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] All Script Fail/Doors Missing

★★★ Newbie

I updated my Basemental Drugs mod and it fixed it. There was an update released four days ago. 

Message 419 of 487 (883 Views)

Re: Cottage living: No doors

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@bubblegemx  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  The cause is a mod by Basemental; remove or update it.

I cant delete Basemental Drugs..It keeps telling me “Close the folder or file and try again.” 

Message 420 of 487 (872 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help