Re: No Computers and Doors after last patch release

by phatclouds024

Original Post

Re: Cottage living: No doors

★ Novice

Hi - I firstly updated all my mods when I found this issue, still didn't work. Then took all the mods out of my game, deleted all cache files, repaired the game, and its still not working. Does anyone have any other ideas? I can't revert back to an earlier save as I wanted to try to play with one of the new cottage living families.

Message 391 of 487 (772 Views)

cottage living bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everyone one except two kits and the starwars expansion,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to build something
What happens when the bug occurs? it gets rid of all doors and will not allow me to play any new ones.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see and use any and all doors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. cottage living.

help me fix this please. 

Message 392 of 487 (774 Views)

Re: cottage living bug

Champion
@h3llopanduh are you sure you removed your mods? This behaviour is known to be caused by having a particular out of date script mod (that can't be mentioned on here by name because of it's adult rating). Having that mod installed, but out of date causes all doors to be deleted from houses.

If you saved the game after all the doors had been removed, then you can't fix it. You'll have to remove the mod, and then restore an older save from before the corruption happened. If you really want that mod, I've heard that the new version is out and doors no longer disappear with the new version.
Message 393 of 487 (688 Views)

Re: Doors "Script Error"

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you! Greatly appreciated!!

Message 394 of 487 (718 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@unseenlarks Thank you!!!
Message 395 of 487 (715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi all my name is tohru I ask help with 2 people and I tried to deled the catches, and repair my game, still did not fix any of the 3 glitches. Here are the 3 glitches that I after my update the game Friday. 

Anyway #1 when after the game update I test it Sunday at 10shpm est and everything was fine I open my load save all the doors and stuff were there and I was having fun making the pond. So later I open the game made a new person and notes first when I go and pick a traits for my sims there no words under the pictures. I took a photo of it so you guys can see it,

#2 When I brought my file I made in 2018 I brought her a house and when the game load in the door are missing.

#3 When I try to put a new door or pick a room that has items all ready in it and I click it will say script call failed.

OK I firer it out the mods were causing the problems. I don't what was are bad so I disable it for know until there an update I am not happy

please if anyone can tell witch mods are fine to put back please let me know

Message 396 of 487 (2,215 Views)

my doors wont place and they all disappeared

★★★★★ Newbie

when i try to place a door it says script error and all of the ones that were previously there have disappeared. my sims aren't responding and dont do any of the things i tell them to. this started after the new update and the pack were released although i did not buy it. its not my mode i have turned tbem off and it didnt fix anything 

Message 397 of 487 (2,219 Views)

Re: GAME/SIMS LAGGING, STUCK AFTER COTTAGE LIVING DOWNLOAD

★★★ Newbie

Did your doors randomly delete from EVERY room too?? I tried to place them and it says Script Call Failed

Message 398 of 487 (2,401 Views)

Re: my doors wont place and they all disappeared

Champion (Retired)

@bethxuxxj 

You have forgotten to update your mods as you should each time the game is updated. This particular issue is caused by a basemental Mod which there is an update for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 399 of 487 (2,330 Views)

Re: GAME/SIMS LAGGING, STUCK AFTER COTTAGE LIVING DOWNLOAD

Hero
@kmayo18 I moved your post over to the thread for this

Please update/remove your mods. See this thread for more details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 400 of 487 (2,321 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help