Re: Can’t place doors 🚪 on the sims 4

by theisus27

Original Post

Re: [MOD RELATED] All Script Fail/Doors Missing

★ Novice

And yes, it was that one, the "DON’T WASH DISHES WHERE YOU ANGRY POOP" mod.
I had a version updated on October 2020, I try to install the latest version (7 July 2021) but I'm pretty sure it's going to work well.

Message 381 of 487 (1,105 Views)

Build Mode Issues

★★ Novice

I just started playing the Sims 4 a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting all my mods and stuff back into the Sims 4 folder. When I launch the game and go into build mode everything is good. All of my furniture works and cc furniture works too. But when it comes to me placing a door down as in both cc doors and regular doors it says "Script Failed" and I don't know what that means. I don't know if its missing something but I don't know why it says that. When I do non moded doors, like the doors that already comes with the sims 4 those don't work either. So I don't know what to do. 

Message 382 of 487 (1,104 Views)

Re: Build Mode Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Are yo using mods there is one mod thats causing this if so its basmental thats causing it dont know if its been updated because i dont use it.

Message 383 of 487 (1,069 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can’t place doors 🚪 on the sims 4

★★ Novice

Someone has told me that if you have Basemental mods that could be the issue, so I would delete the old folder then download the up to date and if that doesn't work maybe just delete the thing all together and don't install anymore. 

Message 384 of 487 (1,038 Views)

Re: No Doors After 7/20/21 Patch update! HELP!

★ Novice

yep me too.... no doors... cant place even computers on desks... BESIDES i pre ordered Cottage living .. says i own it and download in progress but no notifications of downloading on Origin. Like after ALL these Years EA cant get it right? Did anyone even know there was a HUGE EA hack  hitting ccards... my hubbys got hit twice til he cancelled his credit card.. then it was on one of the tech news sites of a massive hack to ea games.... glad they let ppl know. Check your credit cards for weird purchases of crazy amounts. 

Message 385 of 487 (1,011 Views)

All doors have vanished from game. Can't add doors.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous; City Living; Get to Work; Dine Out; Spa Day; Outdoor Retreat; Moschino; Bowling Night; Holiday Celebration Pack; Grim's Goulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start playing the game--all doors are gone, and if you enter build mode to try to place doors, it has some weird 'script call failed' error.
What happens when the bug occurs? Again, all doors vanished. No one can leave the room they're in or enter any buildings or rooms. No one can ever use the bathroom or eat or bathe or do anything that isn't found in their current room.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see doors. I expect my sims to be able to enter rooms. Or buildings.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My game updated a few days ago. Now the doors don't work. I tried it with mods disabled and enabled. There are no doors either way. Arches work, but no doors.

Game is unplayable with no way to leave or enter rooms or buildings. 

Message 386 of 487 (1,122 Views)

Re: All doors have vanished from game. Can't add doors.

★★★ Newbie

Yes! I'm happy someone else is having the same issue as I am! I can't add doors at all. They all disappeared and when I tried to add them, it says 'script call fail'.

Message 387 of 487 (1,108 Views)

Champion

I've heard this is actually caused by a mod or mods by Basemental? Try not only disabling mods but deleting the cache.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 388 of 487 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am literally having the same problem! I tried taking out all of my mods (Ive even updated basement mods) I can add doors within homes and apartments, but I cannot add a front door to apartments. It says I cannot "make changes outside owned areas". I just want my sims to not wet themselves in the halls and access their homes. Anyone find a way to solve this? I haven't even put my mods back in the game and Im still having this issue

Message 389 of 487 (1,091 Views)

Hero
@Mervin_the_Tribe I merged your post with the master thread on this

This is caused by a mod by basemental.

Please make sure you update/remove your mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 390 of 487 (1,063 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help