Re: [MOD RELATED] All Script Fail/Doors Missing

by Steve_Lajoie

Original Post

Keep Getting "Script Call Failed" Error Every Time I Try To Place Doors

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Keep getting "Script Call Fail" when trying to place doors.

Every time I try to place a door I get an error, this only started happening with the update, all my mods are up to date.

Edit: Nvm Basemental is the issue

Message 361 of 487 (3,537 Views)

Re: I cannot place doors in Build Mode

★ Novice
@hotdogdoxie Hi! This is usually caused by UI Cheats! Mine was messed up too until I updated that mod. I hope it helps!
Message 362 of 487 (3,453 Views)

Doors "Script Error"

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? what ever you downloaded to my computer, the latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansions, game packs, and stuff, All but one Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Good question ?
What happens when the bug occurs? Just got the cottage living, went to a save game that i was playing "living off the grid" and my doors where gone, tried to place doors back and got a Error "Script error" Tried to do BB.Moveobjects and testing cheats on, same error. I can not place doors Keep getting a "script Error" Also "off the grid" is missing in my game Turned off all CC content, still the same issues
What do you expect to see? all the Doors to work and be able to place them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Just downloaded the game patch and got the new county living, was working fine before that. I knew I should have waited till it went on sale, normally all the BUGS are fixed by then

Just got the cottage living, went to a save game that i was playing "living off the grid" and my doors where gone, tried to place doors back and got a Error "Script error" Tried to do BB.Moveobjects and testing cheats on, same error. I can not place doors
Keep getting a "script Error"

Also "off the grid" is missing in my game

Turned off all CC content, still the same issues

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 363 of 487 (3,561 Views)

Re: Doors "Script Error"

Champion
@BUryga It’s likely that this is not a bug. A lot of people are reporting this as happening if you have an out of date mod. Disable all mods and try loading that old save again to see if you have doors (as long as you didn’t overwrite that save in the corrupted state).
Message 364 of 487 (3,552 Views)

★★ Novice
@BUryga I have already checked all my mods and cc. Everything is fine and i still have the same issue
Message 365 of 487 (3,527 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same issue without even installing Country Living and it fixed itself after I turned off the mods in my game. I'm searching to find out which mod caused the issue now. 

Message 366 of 487 (4,048 Views)

★★ Novice

Update: The mod causing the issue for me was Basemental Drugs. I updated the mod and the problem was fixed. Hope this helps Standard smile 

Message 367 of 487 (4,045 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [MOD RELATED] All Script Fail/Doors Missing

★ Apprentice
@lilywarshaw You have Zero's portal mod installed, don't you! I had the same problem! I had to take out the portals and put in stairs.
Message 368 of 487 (4,034 Views)

All doors - script call failed!!! after install DLC Cottage living!!!

★★ Novice

Yesterday I bought an extension to The Sims 4 Cottage Living, the game works beautifully… But! They can't place any doors, it tells me; the script call failed, this is the door that is in the basic game of The Sims 4, it is not a mod… so I don't know how to play the game if I can't place the door. Please put everything in order. Otherwise, I will be forced to ask for a refund of all the money I put into the game. I really don't like this behavior on your part and I'm very upset when something doesn't work as it should. You should probably program it better to make these situations a Sunday. Or don't do any updates at all !!! It is necessary to add that the situation with the failure of scripts in the placement of doors, began to happen only after downloading the cottage living extension!

I play the game in Czech on a MacOS device! Trough the Origin application!

Goodbye! 

Message 369 of 487 (4,052 Views)

Re: All doors - script call failed!!! after install DLC Cottage living!!!

★★ Novice

Exactly. Cottage Living shouldn't even be out yet if they have bugs like these. Why the heck did people get the BETA version that's more playable than the ACTUAL game. 

Message 370 of 487 (4,016 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help