Re: Sims 4- Windows won't place next to each other on half tiles

by chilly56

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@amyybugg14 was this ever solved i started playing again today and theres no doors in any building and it wont let me place any I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO Frown
Message 341 of 487 (2,306 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@chilly56 That’s because of the basemental mod.
Message 342 of 487 (2,301 Views)

Hero
@chilly56 Moved this to the correct thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 343 of 487 (1,601 Views)

Re: cant place doors

★ Novice

thank you so much! saved me so much time from testing my other mods Standard smile

Message 344 of 487 (1,558 Views)

Re: odd menu glitch and cant select or place items

★★★ Newbie

I do not have any mods at all and i have no doors now since the update.

I cannot place doors it comes up with an error

I have uninstalled the game, done a backup of my game and reinstalled it and still it is the same

I cannot use any of my saved games as it is the same problem all i can do is start again 

This is ridiculous instead of bringing more Mods and DLC out sort the glitches 

Message 345 of 487 (1,583 Views)

Any clue why the new update caused all my doors to disappear?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been playing this lot for a while with zero issues.  The game updated today when I went to boot up and all my doors on my lot were gone and my poor sim was trapped in the bathroom.  I can obviously just build new doors, but does anyone know if there is a larger conflict between the new update and mods or any of the packs?

EDIT: I actually can't build any doors lol.

Message 346 of 487 (1,626 Views)

Re: Any clue why the new update caused all my doors to disappear?

Hero
@queenofsprinkles Merged your post with the master thread

Updating basemental's mods should help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 347 of 487 (1,610 Views)

Re: Any clue why the new update caused all my doors to disappear?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, I can always count on you to know what's going on.  Appreciate it!

Message 348 of 487 (1,608 Views)

Sims 4 disappearing doors

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Island Living Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City Living Get to work Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into any house, apartment and any building that should have doors.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime I load in a house, apartment, shops, bars and clubs they do not have any doors, when they should, I have tried placing doors where they should be and it will not work, causing my preexisting sims to be trapped in whatever room they were in before this bug.
What do you expect to see? All buildings should have doors that can fully function.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update about the notebooks, calender and cottage living

I have tried to place a door in the spot where its supposed to be but it still doesn't work. I have disable all mods on my pc and still no door.

Message 349 of 487 (1,591 Views)

Missing doors and electronics after newest patch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, city living, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, get together, get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From my understanding, the bug appears to have affected the university housing specifically the house dorm upper level.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are unable to leave the university housing due to the doors being gone and windows rearranged. The university desktop is missing from the housing and my sims' inventory items are completely missing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a door for my sim to get out, her inventory items, and the desktop missing from the university room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The glitch happened right after the July 21 update.

This is a screenshot of the university housing room upstairs. As you can see, there's no doors for my sims to leave, the desktop computer has glitched out, and my sims' items are missing from her inventory.

Message 350 of 487 (1,604 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help