cant place doors

by emmaestes19

Original Post

Re: No Doors After 7/20/21 Patch update! HELP!

@ladybird631  Try removing any Basemental mods you have.

If that's not enough, leave the mods out and revert to a previous save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 321 of 487 (30,736 Views)

Re: I cannot place doors in Build Mode

★★ Novice

Agreed. Once Basemental was taken out the doors were back. However, is anyone else's stuff at the bottom and top of the screen (the need icon, phone, level, etc) all jacked up?

Message 322 of 487 (30,395 Views)

Re: I cannot place doors in Build Mode

★ Novice

Yes mine is always caused by the Better Build Buy Mod until they update it for each patch.

Message 323 of 487 (27,808 Views)
Highlighted

cant place doors

★ Novice

when I went into my game after the update, all of my doors disappeared and it would not let me place any down. It said "script call failed." I looked up some info about this issue since it could be mod related, but I took all my mods out and it was still happening. someone help plz!

Message 324 of 487 (5,482 Views)

Script Call Fail after update 1.77.131.1030

★★ Novice

Script Call Fail after update 1.77.131.1030

After updating top the latest version 1.77.131.1030 all doors in all lots are gone and when attempting to place doors or anything else in build mode receive 'Script Call Fail' error. Removing the mods folder and clearing the game cache makes no difference. the game is unplayable.

Message 325 of 487 (5,459 Views)

Re: Script call failed

★★★ Novice
@nessatay2223 I was able to place non-cc arches. At east the sims can get into their houses now.
Message 326 of 487 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I also had the same problem and your advice worked. Thank you so much for helping me save time <3
Message 327 of 487 (5,712 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also backed out to install a new mod, it said I had to update, and when I got done creating a new family, moving into a premade apartment: all doors and the elevator were gone.  When I tried to build new doors, it gave me a red popup saying there was a script tracking error - standard doors.

Message 328 of 487 (5,708 Views)

[BUG - UPDATE 07/20/2021] Missing Doors; "Script Call Fail"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Spa Day, City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Journey To Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Living Stuff, Bust The Dust Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upon starting up gameplay, all doors were missing except for door ways
What happens when the bug occurs? In build mode, when trying to place new doors in place of missing doors, a message pops up saying 'script call fail'
What do you expect to see? Being able to place doors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 07/20/2021 update

The lot that the issue is occurring on is the Torendi Tower Penthouse in San Myshuno. The walls are at their highest and no matter size door selected, it will not take place; only the doorways will  place.

Message 329 of 487 (5,671 Views)

Re: [BUG - UPDATE 07/20/2021] Missing Doors; "Script Call Fail"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

You don’t had specific adult mods in your game or? this problem is a standard *bug* from this mods if the patch are big and the mods outdate. I don’t have any problem to place doors there in an vanilla game who never saw a mod.

Have you tried to repair your game and these steps?

Message 330 of 487 (5,663 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help