[MOD/CC RELATED] My sim can walk on water

by mailen94

Original Post

Re: My sim can walk on water

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. but my problem has been solved. in my case is happen because of Longer Interaction Queue mods. I use outdated version. after I update it mod. My sims can swim and snorkel again.
sorry for my bad english. I translate with google translate.

Message 11 of 21 (1,215 Views)

Re: Mermaid tails have legs and became The Lord.

★★ Novice

What do you mean by “op mods?” Also the solution that someone posted in this thread did not work for me, so does anyone else have any suggestions? 

Message 12 of 21 (1,187 Views)

memaids walk on water

★★★ Newbie

I've been getting this glitch and im sure most people do with island living but my sim (mermaid) WILL NOT SWIM! i know some people get them to swim then it glitched then they swim again, but mine will not even swim. It might be because of a mod but i have tried everything! Idk what else to do_(._.)_

Hope someone can help me 

Message 13 of 21 (1,171 Views)

Re: memaids walk on water

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simbolicc There seem a few mods/cc that are causing this.

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method to find the culprit: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content 

Here's also list that can help you find the problem ones: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

If all fails, try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Mods identified to cause this

• Longer Interaction Queue mods
  • Private School Mod

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (4,693 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Doesn't work for me Frown
Message 15 of 21 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AlvaHe

It looks like you have to do it in a more complicated way. Probably not only this one file was affected by CC or mod.
1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with some mermaid and let her swim.
If the problem disappeared and your mermaid can swim:
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder - it is your library -  and TrayDeleteItems file
9. You can check now if your mods or CC are up to date.
Copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if these mods don't. cause problems. Do the same with CC  If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one.)

Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA

Message 16 of 21 (1,128 Views)

Re: My sim can walk on water

★★ Novice

Hey,

I had the same problem that my sim runs over water.

I have tried everything on this topic and after I did removed all the mods and it worked for me.

I put all the mods back in to see if they worked and they didn't.

So for me it ended up being: Private School Mod, that made my sims walk on water.

I hope this was usefull. For me it were the mods.

Message 17 of 21 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Cynquilla Did you solve it?
Message 18 of 21 (1,107 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Cynquilla i have this problem to
Message 19 of 21 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've solve it right now. 
I taked off all mods from my game (Mods, not cc) and I found the broken one. In my game was "KS - Preschool Mod". 
I hafn't downloades this mod's update. Now I did it and is all good!

The update of KS - Preschool ModTS4_x64 2019-08-14 21-27-46.png

Edit: Please remember to not link unofficial mods in your posts on the forum in the future. Thanks! Standard smile - Ataashi

Message 20 of 21 (943 Views)