[MOD/CC RELATED] Error code 140:645fba83

by KatrielNoveau

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD/CC RELATED] Error code 140:645fba83

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, after updating my game I repeatedly get error code 140:645fba83:228eaf9b. The game loads, and then when I open the family I’ve been working on that error code pops up with a note saying the game failed to launch and that a relaunch is suggested. I’ve deleted reported broken mods and repaired my game, even updated my laptop and nothing is working. I've also gotten rid of the local cache. not sure what to do next.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 2 of 100 (38,901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Error Code

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is caused by outdated event mods

Make sure the any mods like these are up-to-date. If there's no current version, remove them form your game and delete the localthumbcache file found in documents

- Baby Shower Mod

- Funeral Mod

- Bachelor Party Mod

- and others

The effect should not be permanent and removing the mod should get rid of it's effects.

Troubleshooting Steps below

Spoiler

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Put back only your save game and try again. If it works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 100 (38,731 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Error Code

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Once i upload my game I receive a message in a white box that says The game failed to load. Error Code: 140:645fba83: 32324cfa. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.  

I have looked up and updated mods and it saves the progress of my game but continues to upload when I upload.

Please help,

Message 1 of 100 (38,797 Views)

@khouston10  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 100 (38,780 Views)

Re: Error code 140:645fba83:228eaf9b

Hero
@KatrielNoveau Could you remove all your mods/cc and try that way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 100 (38,791 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I was having the same issue. It ceased persisting after removing all mods and CC but any mod or CC item no matter what it be seems to trigger the error

Message 5 of 100 (38,770 Views)

Hero
@insanida do you have EXACTLY the same error or just a similar one ?

Please post a picture of your error message

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 100 (38,767 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you kindly ! 

Message 7 of 100 (38,741 Views)

Hero
@khouston10 Did you also test without mods at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 100 (38,737 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

@crinrict  I have not. How would I do that?

Message 9 of 100 (38,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is caused by outdated event mods

Make sure the any mods like these are up-to-date. If there's no current version, remove them form your game and delete the localthumbcache file found in documents

- Baby Shower Mod

- Funeral Mod

- Bachelor Party Mod

- and others

The effect should not be permanent and removing the mod should get rid of it's effects.

Troubleshooting Steps below

Spoiler

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Put back only your save game and try again. If it works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 100 (38,732 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help