[MAC] issues launching the game

by aerieeo

Original Post

[MAC] issues launching the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i just downloaded the sims 3 base game along with 4 expansions and it all installed perfectly fine, also registered onto my origin account, but when i click play on the launcher, the sims icon flashes on the macbook dock and disappears completely. i have no custom content installed whatsoever, the disc is in my drive, but i am unable to start the game up Confusedmileyfrustrated: does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (553 Views)

Re: issues launching the game

★ Guide

Try this

Start Origin,

Put disc in Drive

Right click Sims 3 in Origin, u should of activated keys?

Select Download game

It shld install from the disc =) i hope

forgive me i downloaded Sims from Origin , even tho it seems i have the disc on my shelf

Message 2 of 7 (547 Views)

★★ Novice

the problem was that 3 of my expansion packs were on disc so when i installed it, they were from the CDs itself, but the one that launches is into the future, which i got on steam and installed into origin with the activation code. everything runs perfectly once i uninstalled into the future but do you know if there's any way that i could run that as well? 

Message 3 of 7 (540 Views)

★ Guide

You can get the license key from Steam. Right click on the game in steam, product details? sumthing like that sorry forgive me been so long since i used steam. That key should then work inside Origin just fine. Origin is actually more lightwieght then steam, doesn't eat up ur network and more designed for EA games entireley. Steam will no longer host EA games at all, so any new title out you just wanna look striaght at Origin if you play on PC or Mac. Physical Copys you gotta wait to long

Also found this =)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/IMPORTANT-DLC-Compatibility-Alert/m-p/1694095#U1694095

Nice fixing it urself =) hope future causes 0 probs and ur back on the epicness that is Sims in no time. Any issues please hit up this post again or start a nice new one.

Message 4 of 7 (535 Views)

Re: [MAC] issues launching the game

Champion (Retired)

Hi

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to mix downloaded TS3 games from Origin and Steam - you need to pick one format and use the same one each time. This is probably why your game is not starting now.

Caspin

Message 5 of 7 (516 Views)

★★ Novice

the same problem reoccured when i recently bought island paradise from the origin sale, whenever i try launching the game, the EA logo pops up and then dissapears, closing the game as well. the game runs fine when i launch it after uninstalling the expansion, im not too sure why it wont work S:

Message 6 of 7 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@aerieeo wrote:

the same problem reoccured when i recently bought island paradise from the origin sale, whenever i try launching the game, the EA logo pops up and then dissapears, closing the game as well. the game runs fine when i launch it after uninstalling the expansion, im not too sure why it wont work S:

But are the other games installed from Steam? If so, see if this page helps:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Steam-VS-Origin-VS-Discs/m-p/3135440#U3135440

Message 7 of 7 (498 Views)