Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by thewrongirl1

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Forgive me if this is a stupid question that was answered elsewhere--but how do you uninstall a disk game and re-install with origin? My base games and older EPs outdate origin for Mac--so I didn't use origin to order them.

Oriing ID: MMayle2011

• Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version:   10.6.8
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 8GB, AMD Radeon HD 6770M:
  • Expansions you have/have active: World Adventures, University Life, Seasons, Island Paradise, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural
  • Any error message received: Only sometimes the sims has quit unexpectedly. Other times in CAS sim turns blue or weird color, or invisible and game freezes.
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I'm either getting the quit unexpectedly errors, or freezing up in CAS when I go to change/modify outfits. Sometimes the sims will turn a pixelated version of themselves, sometimes they'll turn blue, others they turn invisible where clothes should be.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Uninstalled and reinstalled origin client, already deleted any current game files when not open, checked for bad saves. Made sure game was up to date.
Message 241 of 247 (1,482 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: xlaneysix

• OS X version: OS X 10.8.4

• Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

• Expansions you have/have active: I have The Sims 3 Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff

• Any error message received: It says that the sims 3 installer has quit unexpectedly every time I try to install an expansion pack or the sims 3 with a CD.

• A detailed description of what is occurring: Whenever I insert my The Sims 3 cd, it runs the installation like it should, but then it crashes, saying that the installer has quit unexpectedly. However, when I bought the digital download from Amazon, the game installed just fine. I redeemed my code from Origins, downloaded my The Sims 3, Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff and installed it through Origin with no problem. It is now when I try to install Seasons, Pets and World Adventures with a physical CD that I am once again running into the "The Sims 3 Installer has quit unexpectedly" message. I know that when I try to install Sims 3 Pets, it crashes once I get to file 35. 

• A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tried to save the game to somewhere other than my harddrive and I have gone through Terminal and made sure that my drives were all unhidden, as per instructions I found on the Sims 3 website. Neither of these options solved my problem.
Message 242 of 247 (1,463 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
  • Origin ID: thewrongirl1
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Processor 2.3 GHz intel Core i5, Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

• Expansions you have/have active: Seasons, Pets, Generations, Late Night, Unversity Life, World Adventures.
  • Any error message received: None
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I try to launch the sims 3 supernatural from origin and it will not launch. No error message, just says launching then... nothing.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: There is no download button so I cannot do that. I have tried the steps in the first post and i still have this problem.
Message 243 of 247 (1,457 Views)

★ Novice
  • Origin ID: Ameira2
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation)
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): Processor:2.7ghz Intel core i5. memory:4gb 1333MHz DDR3 Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770m 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: world adventures, 70's, 80's & 90's stuff, Highe end loft stuff, Pets, Town Life, University, Seasons
  • Any error message received: none
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Downloaded and installed all the expansion packs, when I played the game seasons wasnt in game, went to uninstall from the mac uninstaller, seasons expansion wasnt listed, files were on the computer. I moved the files to trash and empty the trash, tried to redownload the expansion origin is telling me it's installed but it isn't in game is no longer on HD and cannot uninstall!
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: tried to uninstall and reinstall, not letting me uninstall, files are no longer there to manually uninstall, smacked the bejeezus out the computer jk, posted this question,
Message 244 of 247 (1,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Note: issue resolved
Message 245 of 247 (1,449 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
* I am having trouble launching University Life not Island Paradise.*

• Origin ID: Apend6
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta?: No
  • OS X version:  10.6.8
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

processor: 2.4 GHz Interl Core 2 Duo

memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics Card Info: NVIDIA GeForce 320M

• Expansions you have/have active: ambitions, late night, pets, universty (won't launch)
  • Any error message received: While installing error message was that my Sims 3 was not compatible with the expansion pack. Allowed me to continue the install. I finished installing thinking I just needed to update my game, but launcher says no updates available.  
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: After launching the game a blue background screen with the green plumbob appears then seconds later it disappears and closes the game. It no longer appears in my dock. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: unistalling and reinstalling, want to update but none are available. 
Message 246 of 247 (1,411 Views)

Community Manager

The initial issue that caused the problems was fixed. If you still have trouble installing your game, please create a separate thread for it.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 247 of 247 (1,396 Views)