Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by godesscerridwen

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

★★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: haleywhit93 (Again)
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version:   10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Late Night, Outdoor living, 70's, Diesel, Generations, High end loft, master suite, pets, seasons, showtime, supernatural, university
  • Any error message received: error code 65538:15000. 
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: When downloading Island Paradise from Origin, so i used to get "We're sorry an error occurred whule trying to download this game, please try again later. Error code 65538:15000." but then I attempted the workaround (installed hotspot) and it downloaded, but now when I install it, it wont launch, it just goes to University life (my next newest expansion pack). So I've got it downloaded, but cant launch it
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Reinstalled origin, updated sims to current version, still nothing happening, re-installed all sims games
Message 161 of 247 (712 Views)

Message 162 of 247 (708 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: Sahoward21
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) No
  • OS X version:   10.8.3
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, M: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB graphics
  • Expansions you have/have active: None
  • Any error message received: Download Error
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Everytime I open The Sims 3, it says "An update is available"  When I click update, it downloads, and then after it says "Verifying," it then says Download Error.  I am trying to update from 1.42.130.019017 to 9010-1.55.4.022017
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Closing and reopening, and restarting the computer.  
Message 163 of 247 (702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: ktbla29

Origin Beta Participation: No

OS X 10.8.4

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB

Expansions I Have: Ambitions, Late Night, Showtime, Town Life Stuff, Master Suite Stuff

Any Error Message Received: The game is more updated than anticipated, some compatibility problems may occur

What's Happening:  HIgh End Loft Stuff downloaded fine, and seemingly installed fine, patch and everything, but the game isn't showing up on my computer.  It's not in my Sims 3 folder, it's not anywhere in applications.  It only exists in Origin.  I can't even find the expansion pack to uninstall it.

Troubleshooting: I've restarted my computer and I've restarted the game, and High End Loft Stuff is still nowhere to be found.

Message 164 of 247 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used to have the Sims 3 and the expansion pack for Sims 3 Pets on my PC. However, my PC got a lot of viruses on it, so everything was uninstalled and I now have a new Mac- without the Sims 3 installed. When I had my PC, I put my original Sims 3 disc somewhere, as I could not open the game with that disc anymore, I had to use the expansion pack disc. I also am incapable of finding my Sims Code for the Pets Expansion pack. So I am left with the disc for the pets expansion pack, and the Code for the original Sims 3, which may be for my old original disc or my brothers old original disc (His original Sims 3 is nowhere to be found either, so I'm not sure). So when I try to install the sims game on my computer (Mac OS X) It has me put in the code. When I enter it, it does not allow me to click "Continue", all I can do is re-enter the code or go back to the Liscense and Agreement. If you could help me with this, that would be great, thank you.

My origin ID is 6prh

I was not opted into Beta

I am on the version of Mac OS X 10.6.8

For Processor infromation, it says my processor name is Intel Core i7, and my processor speed is 2.66 GHz, my memory is 4GB, and my graphics card information is:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Total):    288 MB
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  gMux Version:    1.9.21
  Displays:
Display Connector:

My expansions were the sims pets and the Sims Night Life, but I can't find the code or the disc (I am pretty badly organized)

I didn't recieve any error notifications or anything like that, it just won't let me click continue.

My description of the problem is above.

I have tried restarting my computer and ejecting and re-inserting the disc.

Message 165 of 247 (687 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: aleigh8810
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version:  10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 
  • Expansions you have/have active: All
  • Any error message received: download error [65538:15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: It will not let me download the Island Paradise expansion pack so I can install it onto my computer
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: no
Message 166 of 247 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Origin ID: GodessCerridwen

Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: NO

OS X version: 10.8.4

Processor, Memory and Graphics card information:

Processor  3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

Expansions you have/have active: All of them except Fast Lane and 70's, 80's & 90's

Any error message received: NONE

A detailed description of what is occurring: After I select my game I want to play in the launcher, it tries to load, gets to 99% loaded and then STOPS LOADING. The mouse turns from a watch into an arrow. The game tips keep scrolling. The loading bar refuses to move

A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Where should I start? I also had the "I can't download Island Paradise" issue, the "I can't download University" issue, and the "Pets is missing from my library" issue. I got IP, UVL and Pets installed finally via a VPN. Now that it's all installed the game does not want to load and run. I have contacted EA who have told me that A) my video card drivers need to be updated (which is a load of crap says Apple), B)this is a known issue and it should be resolved in a few days (laughable) and C) they have again referred me to another one of these forum things where everyone just complains about how The Sims 3 doesn't work on they're Mac's and EA just ignores them. Other troubleshooting I've done includes uninstalling and re-installing all my games via Origin, uninstalling and re-installing Origin over a dozen times, disabling custom content and mods, and screaming at my iMac screen. Nothing has helped thus far.

UPDATE: I have now uninstalled Island Paradise thinking maybe it is the culprite as to why my game will not load, and it is not. The exact same thing happened- The game load bar got to 99%, the watch turned into an arrow, and it froze. 

Will this issue ever be fixed, or should we all just give up on all the hours we've invested, all the money we've invested, and that's the end of it?! I'm beyond fed up at this point. I never had these problems on a PC. I got a Mac for work purposes, but I should not be forced to give up something I've invested in just because I needed a different machine. Absolute crap.

Message 167 of 247 (643 Views)

★ Novice

Orgin ID: steenschaap

Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: I'm sorry but I don't know

OS X version: 10.8.4

process, memory and graphic information:

Process: or: 2,9 GHz intel core i7

memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR 3

Graphics card: macintosh HD

Expansions you have/have active:

world Adventures

ambitions

generations

pets

seasons

university life

Any error message received: I don't have any error messages, but I can't save, and when I try my screen freezes and the sims 3 icon is a black cube.. 

A detailed description of what is occurring: the game plays normal only some furniture is glitching I can't save, and when I try the icon is black and the screen freezes.. also somethime the game just freezes or it stops working and it says nothing or - sims 3 has stoped working we'll contact apple-  i also can't greate pets without it falling out.. 

A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I've deleted all the cashes but for some reason I've to do that everytime I want to play the game, all the thumnails are deleted. I've installed it on a brand new computer, i've used another main game (sims 3). and i've re-installed the game sevral times, contaced you and installed the new super patcher...

please help! greetings Esmee

Message 168 of 247 (632 Views)

★ Novice
  • Origin ID: mel887
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No
  • OS X version:   10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information:
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: All of them
  • Any error message received: Download Error: We're sorry, an error occurred while trying to download your game. Please try again later. [65538: 15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I just bought a new laptop so I'm trying to install all of my Sims games. I was able to download all of them off of Origin besides Island Paradise and University. I get that error message whenever I try those 2. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I tried all of your suggested solutions and the link you gave and the workaround. The program they give to download in the workaround doesn't seem to work for me. It stops my internet from working so I can't even attempt to download anything off of origin when it's running. 
Message 169 of 247 (627 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you to everyone who has tried to help solve this issue. i tried the workaround using the vpn service to mask my ip address and it worked great! i'm now finally enjoying island paradise. thanks again Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 170 of 247 (671 Views)