Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by 2peicesofcandy1

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

★★★ Novice

It worked for downloading but if stay in create-a-sim long it crashes and even if you skip the outfits it crashes shortly after you start playing in the town. Let us know if it works for you! Good luck!

Message 121 of 247 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: mwx5566
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation): No idea
  • OS X version: 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Processor-2.9Ghz Intel Core i5, Memory-8 GB DDR3, Graphics-

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

• Expansions you have/have active: Sims 3, Sims 3 Nightlife, Sims 3 Pets
  • Any error message received: 65538:15000
  • A detailed description of what is occurring:"We're sorry, an error occured while trying to download your game. Try again later.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have reinstalled my games and origin software.

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 122 of 247 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This is regarding a download of the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack

Origin ID: thedropkickeffect 123
Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
OS X version: 10.5.8
Processor, Memory and Graphics card information:
    •    Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    •    Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    •    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Expansions you have/have active:
    •    Sims 3 World Adventures and Sims 3 Ambitions

Any error message received:
    •    I have not got past the downloading stage, when I hit "begin download" after purchasing the game my browser gave an error message and said that Mac OS X doesn't recognize Internet addresses starting with "ealink"

A detailed description of what is occurring:
    •    After I had purchased the game I was unable to download it, once I left the page I could not get back
    •    It also does not show up in my order history on my origin account, although it has already been charged on my credit card.

A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted:
    •    I am currently using Safari and tried pasting the link into Firefox but it did not work
    •    I also logged in to my origin account to see if I could re-download but it said my product code has already been used
    •    The purchase does not show up in my order history although I have been charged for it
    •    I have also tried to download Origin for Mac but it will not work because my system is not new enough.

Ursula: You always have to download the digital version of the game from the Origin client and not from the website. If the Origin client does not work for your OS, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor. You need to log into the help page with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Issue Type", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone or chat as contact option.

Message 123 of 247 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: leah_kaye_5
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation)
  • OS X version: 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 , 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Late Night, The Sims 3 Showtime, The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff, The Sims 3 Seasons, The Sims 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Generations, The Sims 3 Supernatural, The Sims 2 University Life, & The Sims 3 Island Paradise
  • Any error message received: Please re-install
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: trying to update game to versions 1.55.4, sometimes will not download fully, however when it does it says error occured and I must reinstall the game. Will not let me update to version 1.55.4. I have tried to download it automatically and manually both with no success.
    I have been playing the game in versions 1.54 but it continues to crash on me, especially when creating a sim. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling with same errors occuring. I have also tried loading versions 1.55.4 automatically and manually, but hasnt worked.

Ursula: This does sound like a different issue than the one we are discussing here. Can you please open a separate thread for it? Thanks.

Message 124 of 247 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: thrishalin
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No:  No
  • OS X version:   10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: AMD Radeon HD 675om 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Sims 3 , Sim  3 supernatural, Sims 3 Pet , Sims 3 Late Night
  • Any error message received:

Unhandled exception 0x80000004 at address 0x00000000.
    Do you wish to debug it ?

A detailed description of what is occurring: it won't let me plat the games or dowload anything from the exchange every time i try to load the game i get the trouble shooting message stateing

and wether i answer yes or no the game crashes 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: unistaling the product and reinstalling it

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a separate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664

Message 125 of 247 (453 Views)

★ Novice
  • Origin ID: thrishalin
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No:  No
  • OS X version:   10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: AMD Radeon HD 675om 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Sims 3 , Sims  3 supernatural, Sims 3 Pet , Sims 3 Late Night
  • Any error message received:

A detailed description of what is occurring: it won't let me plat the games or download anything from the exchange every time I try to load the game I get the trouble shooting message stating

And whether I answer yes or no the game crashes 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: uninstalling the product and reinstalling it
Message 126 of 247 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: allisonamitchell
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) No
  • OS X version: OS X 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Processor - 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 Generations, The Sims 3 Pets, The Sims 3 Seasons, The Sims 3 Showtime, The Sims 3 Supernatural, The Sims 3 University Life, The Sims 3 70s, 80s, 90s Stuff 
  • Any error message received: Download Error [65538:15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I click download in the My Games tab in the Origin application, the download says "Preparing Download", and after 30 seconds I receive the error message [65538:15000]
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Log out of origin account and log back in, Uninstall origin application and reinstall, searched forums and found one solve, but did not think that the solve was legitimate. 

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 127 of 247 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ORIGIN ID:   dcbottom

Origin Beta:  I cant tell

OSX Version:  10.8.4

Processer:  2.4 GHz Intel core 2 Duo

Memory:  4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics:  NVIDIA Geforce 9400m 256 MB

Expansions:  Ambitions   Generations   Late Night   Pets   Season   Showtime   Supernatural  University and World adventures

NO ERROR MESSAGE

I am able to download and install Island Paradise without any problems, but when I click on PLAY, it brings up University Life instead of Island Paradise,  I am able to play the University Life game but no content is showing from Island Paradise.

I have tried to uninstall Island Paradise on my MAC but when I bring up the Uninstaller it show all of the expansion pacs execpt for Island Paradise as options to unistall.....I cant figure out how to unintall Island Paradise at the Origins menu so I can try to reinstall it there.

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post. We also have a link there where you can see how to uninstall programs on your Mac.

Message 128 of 247 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: 2peicesofcandy1
  • Opted into origin beta
  • not sure about my version
  • i have the sims island paradise and the sims university expansion packs
  • the error that comes up says "Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/version.txt  -> SHA1 Error"
  • i will open up my sims island paradise and it tells me that i have an update ready. i go to update it and it refuses to update. if i press "cancel" on the thing that tells me i have an update, the emblem for sims island paradise will pop up on the screen then go away and nothing will happen. what seems to be the problem is the refusal of my game to update. im getting so frustrated and its been this way since i first installed the game.
  • ive contacted a few ea members but nothing got solved. everyone tells me to manually patch it but i dont think that this is working either.

HELP!!!!

Ursula: A SHA1 Error usually means that one of the game files got corrupted. Please un-install and re-install your game. After you re-installed, please patch manually as explained here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-55-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 129 of 247 (463 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is my exact problem!!

Message 130 of 247 (423 Views)