Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by lau18

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

★★★ Novice

Same here. I had to uninstall it in order to play my sims game. Back to square one. 

Message 111 of 247 (448 Views)

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise (for me it's University Life) on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: mailianne
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No idea. Couldn't even find a menu.
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

• Any error message received: None.
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Purchased and installed Sims 3: University Life expansion pack yesterday. I click on the University Life icon to launch the game, and it does launch, but the expansion pack is not there, just my previous ones that are Late Night, Pets, and Showtime.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: At first, I thought I had just installed it wrong, so I redownloaded it and installed it. Gave me messages that all was good and installed correctly. When I click on the Sims 3 uninstaller, it doesn't even appear in that window. I restarted my computer, tried restarting the game. I even tried to launch it straight from the origin menu, but no dice.

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 112 of 247 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: Jellymadisen

Origin Beta: no

OS X Version: 10.8.4

Processor: 3GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB

Expansions Active: Pets, Supernatural, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff

Error Message Received: "Unknown Error Occurred" after installing Outdoor Living Stuff and Town Life Stuff

What is occurring:  I just installed the last two expansion packs mentioned and the error message pops up and won't launch the game.  

Troubleshooting attempts: uninstall and reinstall expansion packs

Message 113 of 247 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've done all the steps provided, but I am still unable to download the game. I am now going to be charged for an unplayable game and was hoping to know when this will all be fixed.

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 114 of 247 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

• Origin ID: lau18
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: 
  • OS X version: 10.7.5
  • Processor: 2,3 GHZ Intel Core i5 
  • Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics card information: Intel HD Graphics 3000 382 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Worlds Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Katy Perry, Diesel stuff, University Life (I uninstalled it after I had problems downloading Island Paradise but now, i can't download it back in Origin. I bought it on Origin too.)
  • Any error message received: An error occured. Please try it again later. 65538:15000
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I can't download University Life again (the first time, it worked really well) and Island Paradise
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I deleted every download things, I uninstalled University Life, I uninstalled Origin and download it back, I change my password on Origin... I try it again every day since 2-3 weeks. I looked at every solutions on Internet.... 

Help me please ! And now, there is a sale on Origin and I want to buy some stuff packs but I don't trust this application anymore.....

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 115 of 247 (414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

• Origin ID: [edit: email address removed]
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation)
  • OS X version:   10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: outdoor living, pets
  • Any error message received: we're sorry, error occured while trying to download your game. Please try again later. [65538:15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Sims 3 paradise Island downaloadable version begins to prepare to download in origin then the error message above appears
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have uninstalled and reinstalled sims 3 and all expansion packs, along with downloads. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin. I have 447.38 GB free.  

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 116 of 247 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game, and it did not download at all and there is no where that I can find to try and download this game that I just bought. I spent $30.00 for no game at all.

Message 117 of 247 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What I'm confused about is why when I purchased the expansion packs from Origin why they never put a warning up that said that Mac users have been having trouble. I just bought two expansion packs, installed them, tried playing now Sims won't work at all. I've since uninstalled everything and my even with out the expansion packs my base game won't even work. It Just keeps saying there is an update available and when I update it, it gives me this message at the end "

Exception raised

unhandled page fault on write to access to 0x0000001c at address 0x101ea969

Do you wish to debug it?"

I just don't understand and I would really appreciate if someone could solve this problem so I didn't waste my money and I could actually play my game. 

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a separate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664

Message 118 of 247 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: lonelynation1

Are you opted into the Origin Beta?: Yes

OS X Version: 10.8.4

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Expansions you have: None. I uninstalled everything and re-installed the base game Sims 3 thinking that would solve my problem.

Error message received: "Download Error: We're sorry, an error occurred whiel trying to download your game. Please try again later. [65538:15000]"

Description of what is occurring: I bought 4 new expansion packs and while 2 of them (Showtime and Supernatural) downloaded fine, both Island Paradise and University Life will not. For both I just keep getting the error message.

Troubleshooting I've attempted: 

- Exited Origin and logged back in

- Reinstalled Origin

- Changed my password in Origin

- Uninstalled all of my Sims 3 games

- Reinstalled the original base game

- Made sure it was up to date (v 1.55)

- I have no custom content

- Went to try downloading the expansions again and like before, Showtime and Supernatural would download, but Island Paradise and University Life still wont

- I tried downloading them at night and in the morning thinking maybe that'd do something - safe to say it didn't.

First time using Origin and not impressed. 

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 119 of 247 (469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just received this link from @AskEASupport on Twitter: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/693317.page (You have to log in on The Sims 3 community page)

I had the same problem many people had : Couldn't download The Sims 3 Paradise Island on Origin, since June 30.

I've tried everything and nothing worked. I had the [65538:15000] error!

I just tried this workaround, installing Hotspot Shield...and it WORKS! Right now, my expansion is downloading!

Hope it correctly downloads now. But you guys should try!!!

Message 120 of 247 (553 Views)