Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by afleury16

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

★★★ Novice

I think this is ridiculous. I'm getting to the point now that I just want a refund. I bought this game a week ago and still haven't been able to play it. I understand that they're "working" on the issue, but I don't like paying cold hard cash for something that doesn't work. 

Message 81 of 247 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: xlightshadow
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: no
  • OS X version: 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Adventure, Late Night, Seasons, and Supernatural
  • Any error message received: Download Error [65538: 15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Will not download
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: patch, re-signin, uninstall origin, 

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 82 of 247 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID:[edit: email address removed]
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: Not a choice for me
  • OS X version Mountain Lion 10.7.2
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information - 

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

• Expansions you have/have active: - Starter Pack, Night Life and Lofts
  • Any error message received: Can not log into origin...states online login is currently available
  • A detailed description of what is occurring:Can not log into origin...states online login is currently available
    A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Read forums, talked to EA and checked all settings, uninstalled Origin, Re-installed, Cleared cache, setup port forwarded on Verizon FIOS router with exception of PORT 80 as that is dedicated for email through Verizon. Just want my money back at this point is has been almost a week of no game playing.  Purchased this for my daughters burthday and she has been crying since!

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a separate thread for it. Thanks.

Message 83 of 247 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi I'm charlottemichele on Origin, I don't think that I am a part of Origin Beta,  my Mac's version is 10.7.5, my processor's 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, memory is 

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 and graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 . I have unsuccessfully (sort of) installed University Life. I did not receive a error message, instead this is what happened: I download Sims 3 the game (no starter pack) and when I played It would say if I wanted to update it and I tried but then thought it was taking too long so I just played it without updating it. Then I installed University Life and now when I try to play it says would you like to update and if you say yes it with load for a while and then in the middle it will just stop and not work or do anything. And when you try to play it without the update it just starts up and then quits.

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a separate thread for it. Thanks.

Message 84 of 247 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: kendallthecrazy2
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No
  • OS X version: 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: The Sims 3, The SIms 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff, The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff - Just purchased The Sims 3 - University but am unable to get that one working
  • Any error message received: None
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Origin lets me download and install my latest expansion pack, but it won't work. The origin application says that I should play it, but when I go to the list of games that I can uninstall, the university expansion pack isn't listed. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I've tried every solution posted online to fix this. If you look for it on this website, I've tried whatever you find.

It's really disappointed to have all these issues with the product. I feels like every month there's something new that has gone wrong. I really hope these issues are fixed soon because I love your games and grew up playing them, but my recent experiences have been absolutely terrible.

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 85 of 247 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked for me if you're unable to download and get the error message 65538:15000! 

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/693317.page#11036048

Good luck to all of you on this forum. 

Message 86 of 247 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: melbrookes
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) NO
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): 2.6GHz Intel core i5
  • Expansions you have/have active: Sims 3, Island Paradise, Seasons, Supernatural, Pets, Late Night
  • Any error message received: NA
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Trying to play the sims 3 Island paradise, it says that it downloaded however it will not play.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: NA, no idea what to do.

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 87 of 247 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: DeanoSceneo
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: Don't think so
  • OS X version:  OS X Version 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Pets, Supernatural, Ambitions, University Life, Adventures, Late Night, Outdoor Living, Showtime, Seasons
  • Any error message received: n/a
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I bought Island Paradise yesterday, with Outdoor Living (free) and University life. All games downloaded and installed and all display 'play' in the origins launcher. However on the Sims launcher, only Outdoor Living and University Life shows up and only their game content appears in game. So it appears Island Paradise has not installed properly, even though it displays as play.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Restarted Mac, deleted and re-installed origins, cleared origns cache files, deleted origins folders (as instructed by ea chat support) Patched/ Manual patch etc. (all the norm)

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 88 of 247 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know how you feel. Bought it June 29th -.-

Message 89 of 247 (622 Views)

★★ Novice

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!

Message 90 of 247 (606 Views)