Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by SimPlisticSims4

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Origin ID: slhitchings

Origin Beta: IDK I couldn't figure out how to find out! I am a member on Origin since 2011

OS X Version: 11G63b

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1333 MhzDDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Grapics 3000 512 MB

Expansion packs: Sims 3 Pets, Supernatural, Island Paradise (Not working)

No Error Messages, it just doesn't show up that I bought it when I open my launcher. I just shows that I have sims 3 Supernatural and Pets

I installed and downloaded Island Paradise fine. It looked like it was going to work. I was even able to press play on the My Games menu on Origin (after downloading the newest version). But when my Sims 3 launcher opened up, it didn't show anything about my buying Island Paradise. On the bottom of the launcher, where it shows what expansion packs you have, it didn't show up.

I downloaded the newest patch. I tried to moving the Electronic Arts folder to the desktop menu and creating a new one, and then deleting it and moving the old folder back. I don't know if I did everything right witht that though, I'm not good with computers. I haven't tried anything else. 

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 71 of 247 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: homer563 
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: NO, not opted into the beta.
  • OS X version:   (How to find your OS version): 10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo... Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3... Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Currently have base game, high-end loft, ambitions, fast lane, late night, generations, town life, pets, master suite stuff, showtime, seasons and university life installed.. Tried to install Island Paradise through Origin client digital download but it failed.
  • Any error message received: None
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: When I log into the origin client, it says my island paradise game is playable (i.e. I can click "Play"), however, when the sims 3 launcher opens, it opens as University Life and the launcher does not recognize that I have the sims 3 island paradise installed anywhere.  Therefore, I am unable to play the island paradise game I purchased.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Tried all of the options available on the Origin troubleshooting forums (including uninstalling all origin files on my computer, re-starting, etc..). I also tried to go into the sims 3 uninstaller to uninstall the digital game and reinstall the sims 3 island paradise, however, it did not even show up as available to uninstall. Origin shows I can play the game, but my computer does not think the game exists anywhere. 

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 72 of 247 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: sphen0id
Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: Yes
OS X version: 10.6.8
Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Processor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory - 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR. Graphics CardNVIDIA GeForce 320M. 

Expansions you have/have active: All game expansions except for World Adventures. 
Any error message received: 65538: 15000

A detailed description of what is occurring: I click "Download" on the game. It says "Preparing Download" for about 30 seconds, and then the error message I posted in the picture pops up. I try again later, and it happens. 
A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I've been trying to download the game for 3 days straight now and get the prompt to wait and try again later, which clearly doesn't work. I have unninstalled Origin and re-installed it to no avail. I have tried it again and again and again and again and again and haven't been able to get it to work. 

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 73 of 247 (868 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: daniellebauer
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version:   OS X 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, World Adventures
  • Any error message received: DOWNLOAD ERROR We're sorry, an error occurred while trying to download your game. Please try again later. [65538:15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Getting error message when trying to download The Sims 3 Island Paradise through Origin.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Game patched to v 1.55, Custom content deactivated, Exit origin and log in again, uninstall origin client, redownload and installed again, uninstalled most recent ep (seasons) and reinstalled.

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 74 of 247 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: laurgray17 (I believe it's the latter although I thought I changed it!?)

Are You Opted Into Origin Beta: No

OSX Version: 10.6.8

Processor, Memory and Graphics card Information: 

*Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

*Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

*Graphics Card Information: I couldn't figure out what to put here, so here is what's in the Graphics/Display file....NVIDIA Geforce 9400M  (Type GPU and Bus PCI) below that it says NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (Type Gpu and Bus PCIe)

Chipset Model:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Type:GPU

Bus:PCI

VRAM (Total):256 MB

Vendor:NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID:0x0863

Revision ID:0x00b1

ROM Revision:3448

gMux Version:1.8.8

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution:1440 x 900

Pixel Depth:32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:Yes

Mirror:Off

Online:Yes

Built-In:Yes

Display Connector:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model:NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Type:GPU

Bus:PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:x16

VRAM (Total):256 MB

Vendor:NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID:0x0647

Revision ID:0x00a1

ROM Revision:3448

gMux Version:1.8.8

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display Connector:

Expansions You Have Active: None.

Any Error Message You Have Received: None.

A Detailed Descripton of What Is Occuring: I downloaded The Sims 3 plus The Sims 3 Late Night out with High End Loft stuff the other day. I downloaded Origin and started to download The Sims 3, which went fine, it took about 5 hours but it worked! I tried to Install the game and I can only get to 841 out of 889 with "3 minutes remaining" I've waited hours and hours and even tried to install it over night, same problem every time I've tried to install. I can't get past it. If I uninstall a game that takes up a lot of memory (World Of Warcraft) will The Sims 3 install better?

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 75 of 247 (852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: iDonaldLouch
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta?: No
  • OS X version: OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) Developers Preview Two [13A497d]
  • Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics card information: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Packs, The Sims 3 High-End Loft Expansion Packs and The Sims 3 University Life Expansion Packs and I am tiring to get The Sims 3 Island Paradise Expansion Packs
  • Any error message received:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD ERROR

We're sorry, an error occurred while trying to download your game.

Please try again later. [65538:15000]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A detailed description of what is occurring: When I tried to download The Sims 3 Island Paradise Expansion Packs which I bought a few days ago I encountered the above error message as soon as the game was "preparing to download"...
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tried all of the steps that are in the normal post and still no luck on getting the game Frown

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 76 of 247 (839 Views)

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or Sims 3 on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: overthrown66
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No
  • OS X version: 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.5 /gHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 Mb
  • Expansions you have/have active: Pets (not installed)
  • Any error message received: serial key not valid
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I purchased the serial key for digital download through Origin for Pets expansion and the base game. The pets expansion key worked and downloaded perfectly. When trying to download the Sims 3 base game, I am redirected from origin after attempting to enter the download key, which then I attempt to register my game through the Sims 3 website. It tells me my product key is invalid. I'm thinking that the key is coming up as invalid becuase it was entered on registration of my Sims 3 account (which it worked), and therefore is not allowing me to use the product key on registration?
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Attempted contacting Origin, which I was told to contact E3 concerning the issue.
 Ursula: This has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing here. Please read here how to register your games:
Message 77 of 247 (836 Views)

★★ Novice

Could an email somehow be sent out to existing EA/Origin/Sims 3 members or something when the problem is solved?

Message 78 of 247 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: gabrielleflood
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.2
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): 2.3 GHz, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Late Night, Town Life Stuff, Seasons, University Life
  • Any error message received: "We're sorry, an error occured while trying to download your game. Please try again later. [65538: 15000]"
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Attempting to download the Island Paradise expansion from Origin
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Restarted Origin, ensured that games were up to date, rebooted the computer. 

Message 79 of 247 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: pula101
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? I dont think so
  • OS X version:   10.6.8
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.93 Ghz INTEL CORE 2 DUO 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • Expansions you have active: world adventures, ambitions, seasons, university, pets, High-end loft stuff
  • Any error message received: "Zero KB available"
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I go to open the installer and it pops up, then disapears again.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: restarting the computer, blowing on the disc and putting it back in, clicking on it many a time.

Ursula: We are discussing an issue with the download version of the game here. The error message you get seems to indicate that you do not have enough space on your hard. Please open a separate thread for your issue.

Message 80 of 247 (671 Views)