Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by omdavis123

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Origin IDConfusedaraisenor
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) Y
  • OS X version:   (How to find your OS version) OS X 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7, 8G RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Island Paradise
  • Any error message received: Download Error 65538:15000
  • A detailed description of what is occurring:Island Paradise will not download just keep getting error code
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: reinstalled sims 3, emptied all caches, talked to costomer support several times nothing they can do

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 61 of 247 (555 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: OMDAVIS123
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation): no
  • OS X version:   (How to find your OS version): Mac OS X
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 mHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 677OM
  • Expansions you have/have active: pets, seasons, showtime, super natural and university
  • Any error message received: none wont launch
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: island paradise says its launching and never does
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: installed patch to base game (To-9010-1.55.4.022001)

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 62 of 247 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: Afleury16
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No
  • OS X version:  10.6.8
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz Processor, 2 GB, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Expansions you have/have active: Ambitions, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural
  • Any error message received: "We're sorry, an error occurred when trying to download your game. Please try again later. (65538:15000)
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Will not download Sims University Life game onto my computer after I paid for it, then error pops up.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Updated my computer, downloaded updates to Sims games, uninstalled origin and reinstalled, restarted computer various times, uninstalled and reinstalled previously installed expansion pack, deleted cache files.

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 63 of 247 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: alm8105
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1333 Mhz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: High-End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Date Night Clothing.
  • Any error message received: Product Code has already been used
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I enter the product code to activate and download and it says that it's already been used. I haven't even been able to download the game that I paid for. I have tried copying and pasting the code in and typing it too. I even waited a day to see if the system update itself.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: None because I can't even get the game to download.

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 64 of 247 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: arielledes
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: NO
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.3
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information Intel Core i5, 8Go, Nvidia GT 640M 512Mo
  • Expansions you have/have active: running version 1.55.4.022001 installed: seasons, super Natural, University, Generation, Paradise island all the packs are in french.
  • Any error message received: download error, error number 65538:15000
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: bought the game, clic on download and after a few seconds gets the error
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Game is upto date read forum and saw many attemps on solving the issue, if you need me to try something i'm am open.

Message 65 of 247 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID:caramck
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? No
  • OS X version:   (How to find your OS version) OS 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 1.7 Ghz Intel Core i5, 4G RAM, Intel HD graphics 3000, 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Pets, Generations, Seasons, Showtime, Ambitions, Paradise Island (error)
  • Any error message received: "Unknown error occurred"
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Game appears in Origin, when I click download, it says the error message after 30 seconds
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Uninstalled all games & reinstalled, game patch is up to date, restarted computer many times 

Message 66 of 247 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: bholder9
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes
  • OS X version: 10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Processor- 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory- 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics card info- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: High end loft, pets, seasons, university, world adventures
  • Any error message received: Were sorry an error occured while trying to download Island Paradise . Please try again later. [65538: 15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: i have paid for my copy of island paradise through your orgin application, when i click the download link in my games it says preparing to download and then gives me the error message everytime.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the origin application. I just want this figured out as soon as possible, this is nothing to do with my computer as it is work perfectly fine with everything else, i have lost all trust in origin completely and am extremely aggrivated that the game i paid $56 for 5 days ago is sitting on my computer unable to play because of a mistake with you guys.

Message 67 of 247 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

bholder9-   If it makes you feel any better, my Island Paradise has been sitting in Origin with the same problems your having since it's launch date almost 2 weeks ago. It's also effected the downloading of University Life, and Pets has completely disappeared from my library altogether. Origin reps say it should be atleast another week before anything is fixed.

Message 68 of 247 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Origin ID: theoriginaldyani
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? NO
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information 

Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:3.06 GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670

• Expansions you have/have active: Generations, paradise, late night, pets, seasons, university, world adventures. Bought and "downloaded" Ambitions most recently from Origin, or so I thought
  • Any error message received: None
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I bought Ambitions most recently, and was downloading it all normal. I stepped away from my computer while it was finally installing, and when I came back a message said that the installer quit unexpectedly. Now, when I go to Origin, it says Ambitions is installed and I can click "play". But when I click play, the sims 3 launcher comes up and does not recognize that I have supposedly installed Ambitions.   I check my Sims 3 applications folder and the icon for Ambitions was not there, just the readme.txt for it. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tried deleting the readme.txt and reinstalling Origin, hoping that I can redownload and install Ambitions again, but no. I am extremely frustrated at this. I should be able to download a thousand files of the game if I purchased it, no matter if Origin thinks it's already installed or not. I could solve this problem on my own if I could simply redownload and reinstall the expansion pack that I have payed for! I was looking forward to playing this on my day off. I don't even care about troubleshooting, just give me the download for Ambitions again and I'll fix it myself! 

Message 69 of 247 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Intel core 2 duo, 2 GHz 

memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

• Expansions you have/have active: Sims 3 world adventures, Sims 3 Late night, Sims 3 pets, Sims 3 seasons, Sims 3 university, Sims 3 island paradise
  • Any error message received: no
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: When I launch the game, it plays normally for a few minutes before it crashes and a small window appears that asks me something about debugging.  I clicked yes, but don't really know what this all means.  THe game was working fine for a week or two and just this morning I've been having trouble.  THis has happened three times now.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have clicked yes every time it asks me if I want to debug.  I think that there is an issue with some object, I don't know if I'm even writing my problem in the right place, but my expansion has been working normally up until now! Don't understand the problem with this debug thing!

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a separate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664

Message 70 of 247 (898 Views)