Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by aliyamubarak

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: alec692

Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No

OS X version: 10.8.4

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Expansion Packs You Have; Sims 3 Island Paradise, Sims 3 Pets, Sims 3 Ambitions, Sims 3 Generations, Sims 3 Late Night.

Any Error Message; Exception Raised, 

Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0x7c4713b3.

Do you wish to debug it ? (<---- appears after launching the startup menu or midgame after crashing and returning to desktop.)

Description of what is happening: I could load the game and run the game although at any time the game would crash retun to my desktop and display the message above, however I uninstalled all the games and the reninstalled them and I can no longer run the game instead I get as far as opening the launcher, at which point an update patch is available I click update and the message above appears then the whole thing crashes.

Ursula: This is a completely different issue. Please open a seperate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664

Message 51 of 247 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Origin ID: ermorton332

Are you opted in the Origin Beta?: No.

OS X Version: Version 10.7.5

Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

• Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics Card Information: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Expansions you have active: The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Generations, The Sims 3 Late Night, The Sims 3 Pets, The Sims 3 Seasons, and The Sims 3 University Life

Any error message received: Exception Raised. Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00fa9004 at address 0x7001951e. Do you wish to debut it? Yes/No.

A detailed description of what is occuring: Either my game will shut out and I will receive the message above, which when I click yes or no, it will still shut the game out completely. OR! I will be playing and all of a sudden the buttons on the screen will be whited or blacked out with squares. My Sims cursor will disappear and return to my normal cursor and the game will freeze forcing me to shut off my computer and restart it for the game will not exit but sit frozen at this screen permanently.

A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have attempted to delete a few items that I had purchased from the community. I also adjusted my settings and tried to talk to a customer rep via live chat but none would answer my messages.

Ursula: This is a completely different issue. Please open a seperate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664

Message 52 of 247 (759 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID:  AliyaMubarak
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation)  Don't know
  • OS X version:  10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo     

4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3  

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 Mo

• Expansions you have/have active: Pets, Generation, ambition, world adventure and VIP
  • Any error message received:  Désolé, une erreur est survenue pendant le téléchargement de votre jeu. Veuillez réessayer ulterieurement [65538:15000]
  • A detailed description of what is occurring:  I purchased the game without any problems and when I try to download it an error message occurs asking me to try again later.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: To restart origin several times, restart my computer and transfer and remove stuff from my computer to leave more space. 

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 53 of 247 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: mattstanojlovic
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? no
  • OS X version 10.8 Mountan Lion
  • Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
    Expansions you have/have active: all Expansions 
  • Any error message received: it is to many character to post the crash report but you can email me at  for the full report
    A detailed description of what is occurring: Crashing in CAS
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Basicly every thing I've been able to find

Message 54 of 247 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If you would like to help with this investigation, please report your issue here on Answer HQwith the following information:

• Origin ID: inelegancex
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) No
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): Processor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4GB
    Graphics - Intel HD 3000 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations,  Pets, Seasons, University Life
  • Any error message received: Error 12.
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: My game started off crashing so I would have to force quit it, and it would also close by itself in which a window would pop up asking to debug it. This was followed by repeated error 12 message which would not be fixed after trying all steps, finally when I am installing content through the launcher the loading screen which usually appears will turn black, and when I try to load the game via the launcher or by shortcut it will also blackscreen and will not load further.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tested for corrupted saves, followed steps to remove the .bad files to correct the issue 12, also I have tried running without any custom content and the problem still persists.

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a seperate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

Message 55 of 247 (742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • e Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) NO
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.3
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information):
  • MACBOOK AIR 13-inch, Mid 2012
  • Processor  1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

• Expansions you have/have active:

SIMS HIGH END LOFT

SIMS ISLAND PARADISE

• Any error message received:
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: CAN NOT LAUNCH SIMS 3 FROM ORIGIN LAUNCHER WRAPPER
  • CANT ENTER CORRECT SERIAL CODE FOR SIMS 3 PRODUCTS
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: REBOOTED, UPDATED AS MUCH POSSIBLE

Ursula: You don't have to enter any serial codes for expansions and stuff packs that you ordered from Origin. Read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Message 56 of 247 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: ravenkayleigh
Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
OS X version: 10.6.8
Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Expansions you have/have active: Pets, Supernatural
Any error message received: yes, "exception raised: in handled page fault on read access to 0x000000008 at address 0x10011132, do you wish to debug it?"
A detailed description of what is occurring: I will go to the sims folder on my computer and click on the supernatural game because that is my latest expansion and then it will give me that message. I do not even get to open it.
A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 2 times now, and I've gotten a new update.

Ursula: This is a completely different issue as the one discussed here. Please open a seperate thread for it. You can also check our very helpful thread about Mac issues here:

Message 57 of 247 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: lalateelolo
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No:  No
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 - 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: The Sims 3 Late Night, The Sims 3 Pets, The Sims 3 Ambitions
  • Any error message received: "The product code has already been used"
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I logged onto my EA account for the time in a while hoping to reinstall the games and noticed Pets was missing from the list. I tried to re-register it but it's saying my code has already been used. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I've uninstalled + reinstalled Origin, deleted application support and the cache of Origin and restarted. I tried to use another account as well, but it says the same error.

Ursula: This has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing here. I can see the Pets expansion in your Origin, can you make sure that you log in with the correct account?

Message 58 of 247 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: blondetwist
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version:   10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

• Expansions you have/have active: All of them except for Island Paradise which won't download off of the origin cient
  • Any error message received: Error 65538: 15000
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I try to download off the the origin client - it starts preparing download and then after about 30 seconds the above error message appear and the install aborts
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Uninstalling and reinstalling the origin client

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 59 of 247 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: popprincess319
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University
  • Any error message received: No error messages
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Bought a worlds bundle (Hidden Springs & Monte Vista) but the worlds and all other downloads won't install into game
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Installing downloaded worlds and content

Ursula: This is a completely different issue. Please open a separate thread for your question. Thanks.

Message 60 of 247 (651 Views)