[MAC] Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

by maddieclaire8

Original Post

[MAC] Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Error message received: Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

I go to my games on Origin and click play on The Sims 3. I have no expansions downloaded onto my computer yet, and am just trying to run the base for now. When I press play, it gives me the registration code and tells me the game will open in an outside launcher. Then, I get the blue screen with the plumbob and then the said error message appears.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, and I tried deleting the contents from my The Sims 3 folder, but there are only two things there that continuously reappear when I try to launch the game, always receiving the error message. Please help!

Here's a screen shot: imgur.com/0GNloT7

System Information:

• OS X version: 10.8.5
  • Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Memory: 34 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
Message 1 of 2 (21,690 Views)

Re: [MAC] Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

★★ Apprentice

I can think of 3 solutions:

1. Go to the Disk Utility and verify your disk permissions and disk. If the Disk Utility finds any problem with your disk permissions, then click "Repair Disk Permissions". If there is something wrong with your disk, shut down your computer, and turn on your computer using Recovery HD. To do that, while your computer starts up, hold Command+D keys on your keyboard. The Disk Utility will show up and there repair your disk (once again, if there's something wrong with the disk itself.)

2. Delete all the cache files. Some files may be corrupted and deleting them will force the game re-create them. A link to tell you how to do that is here: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-clear-your-cache-for-the-sims-3-on-a-mac

3. Update yout game using Super Patcher. A link to that is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

Make sure you READ EVERYTHING on the page to prevent your game from getting worse.

4. Sorry to say this, but you may need to uninstall The Sims 3 your Mac. I know, it doesn't sound nice at all, but it may resolve your issues. Again, it MAY or MAY NOT. You take the risk.

I hope any of the solutions helps and please keep me posted.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2 (21,640 Views)