Re: [MAC] Sims 4 crashing on start up

by xAndyBlue5x

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 4 crashing on start up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the game on my mac computer and have been playing it, but now when I open it, it loads but the start-up screen always crashes before I can get to the main menu. I tried uninstalling it and repairing it and neither worked.

Message 1 of 6 (1,711 Views)

Hero

@bubbles9832 Could you post your Mac's specs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem?? ugh want to play so badly.

Message 3 of 6 (1,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing happens to me...I'm 100% sure it's not from the mac, it's pretty new and has great specs;

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 8gb

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

I do have some custom content installed but it's weird because when I get rid of one .package file (no matter which one, I tried with each one of them thinking that maybe there's a corrupt cc file) my game starts just fine...so is there a maximum cc amount? Sorry if i'm off topic or if I commented at the wrong post.

Message 4 of 6 (1,592 Views)

Champion

At this point in time, it is the CC that is causing your game to crash. Please make sure your game is updated by going into Origin, right clicking on the Sims 4 game and then finding the option "Update Game".

Here is the link to the post from the Sims forum:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816691/issues-with-mods-and-cc-in-the-sims-4-on-mac/p1

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (1,570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! 

I discovered the post a few hours after posted the question, I was experiencing Issue 3 but now managed to get a way around, I'm happy to see that the team is taking action quickly and solves the issues of mac users! Thanks again anyway Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (1,565 Views)