[MAC] Sims 3 won't play

by imyturner

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 won't play

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hi, so i'm on a macbook air and i have downloaded the sims 3 on origin and when i click play the game launcher comes up fine, so when i click play the sims 3 logo thing just comes up on a blue background but nothing else happens, its been like 2 hours. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but still the same problem and the only way i can close it is but force quitting it. please help, thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (233 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 won't play

Hi @imyturner,

Can you please give us more info about your Mac? Confusedmileyhappy:

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?
- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Version: 10.10.3
Model: MacBook Air 13 inch 2015
Processor: 1.6GHz Intel core i5
Memory: 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD graphics 6000 1536 MB

No antivirus,
I have spotify downloaded but never playing when I've tried to play sims

No CC/mods
Message 3 of 4 (203 Views)

@imyturner

Please try to reset your RAM before running the game. To do it follow this steps.

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)