Re: [MAC] Sims 3 Saved Games Gone

by AtopCloudNine

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 Saved Games Gone

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just got Town Life Stuff on a disc and installed it. After installing, my launcher wouldn't open so I moved it to my desktop as one forum said to do. The launcher  opened but all of my downloaded games, saved games and store content were gone. I tried going to my saves but there is nothing in that folder. I'm confused because this hasn't happened before. I played my game earlier today and it ran fine with everything still there. Is there any way to get my saved games back or do I have ro re-install all of my games and start new games?

Message 1 of 12 (386 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Saved Games Gone

Hero

If you moved your doc folder to the desktop, all your save games are in there. Just put them back. It was probably a download or something that was preventing the game from opening so make sure you put those back in groups until you find the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (382 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you I did that. But when I opened my launcher it still says I don't have my expansion and stuff packs installed. Do I have to reinstall them or is there another way?

Message 3 of 12 (371 Views)

Hero

What did you move around ? Just the folder in documents or anything else ?

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (368 Views)

★ Apprentice

I believe I only moved the folder in the documents. I have a Mac OS X. If I have to re-install them, that's fine.

Message 5 of 12 (359 Views)

Hero

I'll forward to a mac helper then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (354 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dreaming-always wrote:

I just got Town Life Stuff on a disc and installed it. After installing, my launcher wouldn't open so I moved it to my desktop as one forum said to do. The launcher  opened but all of my downloaded games, saved games and store content were gone. I tried going to my saves but there is nothing in that folder. I'm confused because this hasn't happened before. I played my game earlier today and it ran fine with everything still there. Is there any way to get my saved games back or do I have ro re-install all of my games and start new games?

Hi

If you moved the folder called "The Sims 3" that lives within the folder "Electronic Arts" in the Documents section of your Mac, then you would expect the save games and so on to disappear (but as Crin said - you can just put the saves files back in from the folder on the desktop) - but it shouldn't uninstall the games themselves. However if you moved the similarly named folder "The Sims 3" from within Applications, that would mess up the installation.

It sounds as though something odd has happened to your setup. I know it takes ages but if I were you I would do a clean uninstall and then reinstall. You can still keep your save games backed up on your desktop and add them back in once you have everything reinstalled.

Caspin

Uninstall/reinstall directions

When you uninstall TS3 games on your Mac using the uninstaller, the game leaves behind stray files and isn't completely removed from your computer. These files may conflict with future installations. It is best to completely remove them. BluebellFlora's website provides a guide on how to do this:

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

After cleanly uninstalling, install the base game and patch it up to date. If you cannot update via the Launcher, download and apply the latest cumulative manual patch (called the superpatch) for Mac.

Check that your game works properly. Then install any EPs and SPs that you own, in order of release date.

Message 7 of 12 (328 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried this and everything was installing fine until Town Life Stuff. I tried to install it and it seemed to work but it also uninstalled my other expansion and stuff packs. I then installed World Adventures and it worked. Then I tried to install Town Life again and now I'm getting a message that says "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff." I don't know what to do and I'm very confused.

Message 8 of 12 (309 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dreaming-always wrote:

I tried this and everything was installing fine until Town Life Stuff. I tried to install it and it seemed to work but it also uninstalled my other expansion and stuff packs. I then installed World Adventures and it worked. Then I tried to install Town Life again and now I'm getting a message that says "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff." I don't know what to do and I'm very confused.

Hi

That message about the incompatibility is quite common and you can usually ignore it. Did you definitely remove all traces of the previous installation including manually searching for stray transgaming files?

What happens if you cleanly uninstall, then install just the base game, patch it, then install Town Life. After that, install the other expansions/stuff packs in release order. Hopefully that will prevent Town Life from causing the others to uninstall (a very odd situation that I've never heard of before!)

Message 9 of 12 (300 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did what the site said to do but ok I'll try that.

Message 10 of 12 (293 Views)