Re: Relationship bars turned grey

by mightygroove

Original Post

[MAC] Relationship bars turned grey

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The relationship bars (green, red and pink) have been greyed out. I don't think that the actual relationships have been affected. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohi958vpko00nse/Screenshot%202015-04-08%2001.42.03.png?dl=0

As you can see, they are still going very strong. just not showing the relationship strength. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0ob4v12u2ezyv6/Screenshot%202015-04-08%2001.42.34.png?dl=0

I can't properly assess relationship status with sims.

Edit:

I thought I had solved this issue by entering another household and then exiting without saving, but it seems to be something else. At the moment it seems random. If I exit the game and restart a couple hours later, the relationship bars may or may not be all grey. Restarting it may or may not fix it. Restarting the computer seems to also have no effect. It's very annoying to have to spend  20 minutes restarting the game multiple and trying to figure out a pattern!

Message 1 of 13 (700 Views)

Hero

When did this happen ? After patching ? Are you using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Edit: This did not work.

_____

I solved this issue by simply going into another plot household, checking to see that the colour had returned to the relationship bars, and then exiting to the main menu WITHOUT saving and going back to my original household.

I am using the mosaic removal mod, but this problem persisted even when I removed it and restarted. I've had this game for only 3 days.

Message 3 of 13 (688 Views)

Hero

Probably just a display glitch then.

Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (679 Views)

★★★ Novice

As you can see from my edit above, this problem has persisted.

Message 5 of 13 (667 Views)

Hero

Hm. 

Could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the issue there too.

This is to figure out if it's save game or installation related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think that I've isolated it to the lighting under graphics options. If I play the game on general high graphics, but set lighting to low, the relationship bars return upon restart. If I turn lighting back to medium or higher, the relationship bars fade to grey once again. I'm hesitant to say this is the solution, however, and I will give it a couple days to see if it really worked.

I'm playing on a Macbook 2011.

Message 7 of 13 (658 Views)

Hero

Might be a mac issue. Did you try asking in the mac forum over at the official forum ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (647 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have now.

Message 9 of 13 (622 Views)

Hero

@mightygroove Could you try repairing your game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (616 Views)