Re: [MAC] Issue fully installing Sims 3 University Life

by fons_garmo

Original Post

[MAC] Issue fully installing Sims 3 University Life

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have a Mac. I recently purchased a digital copy of University Life through Origin, I had no issues installing it from Origin, The Sims 3 launcher has the University Life logo coloured, so I assume it is installed; and I was also able to download and install the bonus content.

However, when I try to launch through Origin I am prompted to copy the code to my clipboard so I can submit it when asked, but upon launching the game there is no such request.

My first attempt at launching the game through the origin client resulted in a "No Into The Future disc found" message, despite the disc being inserted. I exited the program and restarted and didn't encounter further issues at that point. Attempting to manually input the product code I opened the 'Register' link on the menu in-game, this fails to load, refreshing redirects me to the home page, and clicking the link "Register a Game" from this point does the same.

Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

Re: [MAC] Issue fully installing Sims 3 University Life

Hi @jesslittlesucks,

I'd suggest bypassing the launcher and force the game to launch directly to see if possible. You can try it.

To bypass the launcher in Mac:

• find the executable itself - probably in Applications/The Sims 3.
  • Right click on it, and select "show package contents".
  • Open the "contents" directory if it isn't already.
  • You will see a file named info.plist. Open that by dragging it onto textedit. Don't move it out of that directory! You might want to take a backup first.
  • Scroll down to the line after this one:
    <key>CedegaGameName</key>
  • Change the last part to read TS3.exe instead of S3Launcher.exe. Be careful not to disturb any of the rest of the file or mess with line endings. It's XML and an extra return shouldn't matter ... but you never know.
  • Save and quit textedit.

If that doesn't work, please undo the changes:

• find the executable itself - probably in Applications/The Sims 3.
  • Right click on it, and select "show package contents".
  • Open the "contents" directory if it isn't already.
  • You will see a file named info.plist. Open that by dragging it onto textedit. Don't move it out of that directory! You might want to take a backup first.
  • Scroll down to the line after this one:
    <key>CedegaGameName</key>
  • Change the last part to read S3Launcher.exe instead of TS3.exe. Be careful not to disturb any of the rest of the file or mess with line endings. It's XML and an extra return shouldn't matter ... but you never know.
  • Save and quit textedit.

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)