[MAC] Game won't launch through Orgin

by alibach

Original Post

[MAC] Game won't launch through Orgin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been playing my sims 3, with the late night expansion, through the discs on my Mac. For the holiday my brother bought me the Pets and Universtity Life through orgin. I downloaded them and am able to click "play" but nothing pops up. Help??

Message 1 of 5 (204 Views)

Re: Game won't launch through Orgin

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same problem I think. Try this:

1. Go to task manager (ctrl+alt+delete)

2. click the tab that says "Processes"

3. Under Image Name find Sims3Launcher

4. highlight and click "end process" in the bottom right.

5. relaunch sims!

It worked for me -- I hope it solves your problem! (I talked chatted with a game advisor.)

Happy New Years!

Message 2 of 5 (191 Views)

Re: [MAC] Game won't launch through Orgin

Champion (Retired)

Can you open the Launcher? If so, are the dots at the bottom for Pets and Uni coloured in or still greyed-out? If you can't open the Launcher, go into Applications and look in the folder The Sims 3. In there you should see short-cut icons for the base game and any installed expansions. Are the Pets and Uni icons there? If not, the installation through Origin has failed and you may need to try again.

Message 3 of 5 (176 Views)

★ Novice

How can I re-install them then through orgin? The dots are not highlight under the launcher. :/

Message 4 of 5 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

First thing to do is to go into Applications on your Mac and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

Before trying to download again from Origin, remove the Origin client and reinstall it.

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Good luck!
Message 5 of 5 (164 Views)