Re: Game freezes in main menu

by shest14

Original Post

[MAC] Game freezes in main menu

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I've been having this issue with my Sims 4 game after the most recent update on June 11, 2015. This update includes a new world and tutorials that are suggested throughout gameplay. My Sims 4 game is through Origin on my MacBook Air, so it was automatically updated. Now to the problem. Once I click 'Play' in the Origin 'My Games' menu, the game begins to load to the main screen displaying 'The Sims 4'. A few seconds after the music begins, the game freezes and remains unresponsive on this same screen for a long period of time before I have to force quit on my mac. Both my computer and Origin have been updated to the most recent software updates. I have already tried several things suggested in other user's questions, but none have worked. At this point I am truly desperate.

*Update: I just recently discovered through my own trouble shooting that the game works if I play offline and turn my Wi-Fi off, however I want to be able to play online so that I can access the gallery during gameplay. However after the game loads to the world menu, once I click a household to play the game takes me back to select a world after it loads. I tried to see if I could built on a lot as well, but I can't do that either. The only thing that I can do is create a sim.
Message 1 of 8 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This keeps happening to me too! I cant get my game to work either please tell me if you fix your game because i need help fixing mine.

EDIT (Crin): Changed all-caps for readability. Also be aware that all-caps is considered screaming on the Internet and against the TOS

Message 2 of 8 (348 Views)

Re: [MAC] Game freezes in main menu

Did you move out any CC/Mods before updating?Turning off automatic updates for both game and Origin is always a good idea.

How does it work if you launch the game from your Applications folder rather than through Origin?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 8 (335 Views)

Re: [MAC] Game freezes in main menu

★★★ Novice
I don't have any CC/Mods. I will definitely turn off the automatic updating, thank you for suggesting that.

To answer your question, I'm not sure how that would work because I have never tried it. I was under the impression that you are only able to launch the game through Origin. Is a way where you can just launch it through the Applications folder?
Message 4 of 8 (327 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay I will definitely let you know as soon as I have fixed my game.
Message 5 of 8 (326 Views)

I only ever launch my game through the Applications folder. I've moved the game icon into my Dock for quick access too. Origin will automatically open once you click on the TS4 icon Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (321 Views)

@Bluebellflora that can cause the game to ask for an serial, so if you ever come across that issue open the game through Origin to fix it.  

"When starting my game from the shortcut, the game asks for my serial code again/asks me to activate the game

This usually happens if you are logged out of Origin for some reason or if there was an Origin Client update. Don't use the shortcut to start the game if this happens but log into Origin first (use your Email address) and check if the game still properly shows up in the My Games tab within the Origin Client. Do any necessary Origin and Game updates and then hit PLAY in Origin to play the game. "

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

I also open through the shortcut, it's just easier :womanwink:.
Thanks for helping out btw! :womanvery-happy:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 8 (316 Views)

Oh - thank you @Phantomlover1717 I've never encountered this nor come across anyone else who has! Very helpful info Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (310 Views)