[MAC] Doesn't Completely Crash

by SocialOutcast91

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Doesn't Completely Crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, I looked around the HQ and couldn't find another topic recently like the problem I am having. I will go into greater detail in a moment... First the specs:

MAC:

20-inch, Mid 2007

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

It is running OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

The problem I am having is that even with all the known background items turned off and the graphics set to low within the game itself it is freezing. It isn't crashing as it never goes to desktop. I end up having to turn my computer off and then back on manually. This mostly happens when I try to go from build mode back to game mode, or even build mode back to the neighborhood map. I have turned online off in the game, and I have tried playing it in a window. I have no clue what is going on. I realize that my stats are at the minimums but never in all the time I have played The Sims franchise has that ever been a problem. I am, after posting this, going to try cleaning my memory and then running it once more. This is very frustrating for me as I have been waiting a while to be able to play this game since I all I own is a Mac.

Is there anyone with some advice for me?

Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] Doesn't Completely Crash

I have the exact same Mac and the game plays, albeit pretty poorly. The graphics are low and it lags constantly. It is the absolute minimum requirements so I can't really expect great performance. And the Mac is 8 years old!

However, purging RAM frequently did help so definitely give it a go Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)

All Replies

Re: [MAC] Doesn't Completely Crash

I have the exact same Mac and the game plays, albeit pretty poorly. The graphics are low and it lags constantly. It is the absolute minimum requirements so I can't really expect great performance. And the Mac is 8 years old!

However, purging RAM frequently did help so definitely give it a go Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)