[MAC] Can't hit continue after putting in Sims 3 registration code

by inteligreen

Original Post

[MAC] Can't hit continue after putting in Sims 3 registration code

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure why but on my new macbook, I keep trying to put in my registration code for my Sims 3 base game on Origin, and it won't let me hit continue.. the continue buttom just stays grey even after having copied in the code perfectly.

If anyone knows of a solution I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (1,492 Views)

Re: [MAC] Can't hit continue after putting in Sims 3 registration code

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@inteligreen wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure why but on my new macbook, I keep trying to put in my registration code for my Sims 3 base game on Origin, and it won't let me hit continue.. the continue buttom just stays grey even after having copied in the code perfectly.

If anyone knows of a solution I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Hi

Is it a new code or have you used it before? Are you definitely entering it correctly (for example the number 0 can look like letter O etc).

Caspin

Message 2 of 6 (1,473 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought the sims 3 starter pack and the same thing is happening to me while trying to install it on my macbook air. There is no way the code has been entered wrong, but the continue button stays grey. Ive also tried registering it through the sims 3 site but it keeps saying code invalid.

Message 3 of 6 (1,162 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AarynNyte @inteligreen  Where did you buy your games? If you are trying to redeem codes I'm guessing you bought the game from a third party vendor.

Message 4 of 6 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was anyone able to figure this problem out? I just bought the starter pack and I have been trying with the codes all night. It won't work for the sims 3 but I tried it with one of the other expansion packs, and the code worked. Of course, I can't use the expansions without the actual sims 3 being downloaded. I have a MacBook pro. Help is needed!

Message 5 of 6 (1,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue Frown I contacted EA support, and the guy told me it was a Mac issue (of course), that the download gets corrupted or something. To solve it, I only had to download this app for Mac that would reset Origin. I've done that at least 3 times, tried restarting computer afterwards one time, but the problem is still there! I read on another thread that the problem was the code itself, so I will try contacting support again tomorrow.

Anyways, if you have this issue, try resetting Origin first - just google search 'reset origin mac' and follow instruction. In most cases this did the trick. At least that's what the EA employee said.....

Message 6 of 6 (1,141 Views)