Re: [MAC Bootcamp] 1.8.61.1020 intro screen UI issue

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

No, I'm not aware of anyone else with that issue .. however, people often just post "Game Won't Start" or "Doesn't Work" or something like that, so who knows.

Message 11 of 16 (646 Views)

Hero

Well, I thought over at MTS, they're doing better with that Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 16 (643 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have encountered another user with the issue now. The same fix worked for them too.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=559911

Message 13 of 16 (620 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the link.

Hopefully EA can find a cause for this. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 16 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The current patch notes mention a (harmless) fix for 2560 x 1440 resolution and makes it sound like they think that is already an exceptionally high resolution ("if you are playing at 2560 x 1440, I’m jealous"). I'm on 2.880 x 1.800.

I don't know how common these high resolutions are in Windows hardware .. maybe this doesn't get tested very much for the Windows version, because they assume people with Apple hardware would always play the OS X version?

Message 15 of 16 (605 Views)

@tastytourist wrote:

The current patch notes mention a (harmless) fix for 2560 x 1440 resolution and makes it sound like they think that is already an exceptionally high resolution ("if you are playing at 2560 x 1440, I’m jealous"). I'm on 2.880 x 1.800.

I don't know how common these high resolutions are in Windows hardware .. maybe this doesn't get tested very much for the Windows version, because they assume people with Apple hardware would always play the OS X version?

So it's a Retina issue? That would make sense, thanks for the feedback Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 16 (581 Views)