Re: Low Memory, Game Crash

by fergonzpe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low Memory, Game Crash

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently installed the Sims 4 Seasons EP. The game has run smoothly since I got it, however, since installation whenever I open up the sims I receive a message telling me that my PC is low on memory. Then the game crashes.

Here is my Dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/XLb8pWAN

Message 1 of 4 (1,394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Lets see where to begin. Your CPU is below the requirements, Graphics only have 32MB dedicated RAM where 128MB is required and the driver is a year old.. You do not have enough RAM for the game. Your drive has under 10GB free. The last is the most critical free at least 30GB more. Update the graphics drivers and you may then be able to run with low  game settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,409 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Lets see where to begin. Your CPU is below the requirements, Graphics only have 32MB dedicated RAM where 128MB is required and the driver is a year old.. You do not have enough RAM for the game. Your drive has under 10GB free. The last is the most critical free at least 30GB more. Update the graphics drivers and you may then be able to run with low  game settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (1,410 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks! I updated my driver and now the game doesn't crash. I also removed several gigs of stuff.

Message 3 of 4 (1,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I really don't know nothing about computer, so what's "driver"? 

Message 4 of 4 (1,146 Views)