Re: Low FPS

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Low FPS

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello. Many months ago (~6 months) I played TS4 with no issues on my current PC. Recently, I re-installed TS4 and noticed that I am running a maximum of 14 fps at any given point and at any given time in the game. I have also noticed that my GPU only runs at about 1% to 2% Maximum while creating a new Sim.

Current PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x 3.5 GHz

RAM: 2x Team Dark DDR4 8Gb for 16gb total

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb (Asus)
PSU: Seasonic 520W 80+ Bronze
MB: MSI B350 PC MATE ATX AM4

SSD: Western Digital 1TB 2.5" (Installed Here with 229GB Free)

SSD: Western Digital 250Gb M.2

HD: Western Digital 2TB 7200 RPM

Things I have tried:

Running Offline mode (Origin)

Re-installing and then repairing game

Windows update

Drivers Update

Re-installing Geforce Experience

Re-installing Origin

Configuring NVIDIA control panel to recognize my 1060 as my GPU

Any help would be appreciative, I have been battling this for about a week now

Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@TminBlack 

Please disconnect your Internet Put Origin in offline and try the game. If it is cabled unplug the cable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@TminBlack 

Please disconnect your Internet Put Origin in offline and try the game. If it is cabled unplug the cable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (291 Views)

★ Novice

perfect this worked, however is there anything that I could do to where I could be connected to internet and play the game stably? or is this the only solution given the problem?

Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TminBlack 

EA will likely fix the issue in a future patch. It is not quite clear what causes it.

Message 4 of 4 (249 Views)