Re: Lots won't rotate

by Psychotps

Original Post

Lots won't rotate

★★★★★ Novice

I am having issues with not being able to rotate the lots. I have to zoom in and out and constantly click in different places until it goes. Very frustrating. This has been happening ever since the update happened in June and it has only gotten worse when I purchases the Island pack.

Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@mdkisrow 

You don't click on the lot to rotate. There are three ways to rotate it. 

1. Hold down right mouse button and drag. (Doesn't work if you changed to Sims 3 camera)

2. Click the Camera icon and then the Rotate View buttons.

3. On the keyboard press [ and ] (US keyboard) or , and .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes i know how to rotate. The issue is that it won't rotate all the time. And this is for Sims 4 not 3.

Message 3 of 4 (207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@mdkisrowThere's an option in The Sims 4 for those people who played The Sims 3 and prefer how that game's camera worked.

It's under "Game Options\Camera Options" You can check the box and Sims 4's camera will work like it did in Sims 3. I have mine set that way.

With the Sims 4 camera set to "Sims 3 style", I use the right-mouse button and drag to move around, and hold the mouse wheel button to rotate. I spent so much time in Sims 3 doing it that way, it's much more natural for me. I'm SO glad they added that option in Sims 4.

Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)