Lots of CC gone after moving game to another drive

by iix_Eliyah

Original Post

Lots of CC gone after moving game to another drive

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Yesterday I moved my Sims 4 to another drive (F drive) using Origin since I was running out of space on my C drive. Everything seemed fine until my default eye cc did not work. I brushed it off since they were not particularly important and then I saw my sim. Lots of CC was missing such as her hair, her pants, her shoes and most of her makeup. I thought Origin might have uninstalled a bit of my CC after moving the game, so I put in my backup Mods folder that I made before moving the game. The issue still persists and the CC is still gone. The files are still there, but in game they aren't. Help please!!

Message 1 of 15 (574 Views)

Re: Lots of CC gone after moving game to another drive

Champion (Retired)

Moving the Game does NOT move where Mods and CC are stored. If you manually moved the Mods folder the game can no longer find it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I didn’t manually move the Mods folder. Most of my cc and mods are still there and working. 

Message 3 of 15 (560 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Then you just need to put the other Mods and CC into the same Mods folder. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 15 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I already put all the mods and cc in the same Mods folder.

Message 5 of 15 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Yes, but is it the same one the game uses?

Message 6 of 15 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes.

Message 7 of 15 (535 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In that case those that do not show up are probably in a packed format and needs to be unpacked.

Please read this: https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting

Message 8 of 15 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope, all of them are unpacked

Message 9 of 15 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still don’t have a solution.. Anyone got a fix? Can’t play my game without CC Frown 

Message 10 of 15 (498 Views)