by zoiee2020

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lots being flagged at modded

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to upload my lots to the gallery, they get flagged as modded
What do you expect to see? no flag if custom content has not been added
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since last patch, all my lots are being flagged as modded when I go to upload them to the gallery. I know there's no custom content added as the lot and landscape has been bulldozed yet modded still appears on the gallery upload screen. 

If I take an unmodded lot from gallery and drop it in the plot, the same still exists with it being flagged as modded. 

Is there a way or mod to identify what exactly EA is identifying as modded so I can try to fix it and upload content to the gallery again? 

Message 1 of 7 (347 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lots being flagged at modded

★ Guide
@crinrict It was a custom pair of sims under pants. Thats why im surprised it was affecting my build mode. Also surprised it didn't come up when I pulled an affected map into Tray Importer.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (248 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@zoiee2020 I tried downloading one of your lots that was flagged to my game. When I try to reupload, it doesn't show as modded. Maybe something in your mods folder is flagging the lots.

Have you tried deleting your cache files after removing the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Thank you for looking into this! 

Whoops! Forgot about the cache folder.

I also removed my sims clothing file as I didn't really think custom cloths would trigger a modded issue.

Deleted the cache and loaded the game.  

Went in and as soon as I went to a build site, I got a message saying one or more create a sim items have been deleted and EA doesn't own them? 

This confuses me as again, no custom items were being used to build. 

However, my lots are not being flagged as modded anymore. Thank you. 

I loaded my mods without the clothing file and still not being flagged as modded so ... oddly enough, an item of clothing seems to be triggering this. 

Now to painfully add them back one by one to see who the culprit it.  

Message 3 of 7 (293 Views)

★ Guide

So .. half hour latter, adding back cloths 50 packs at a time ( yep, my sim has a lot of cloths, lol ) 

1 clothing file triggered the modded mark. : ( 

Was able to track it down thought and delete it. 

All good again. So odd that an item of clothing would do this. 

Message 4 of 7 (282 Views)

Hero
@zoiee2020 I assume it was a cc item ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (268 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It was a custom pair of sims under pants. Thats why im surprised it was affecting my build mode. Also surprised it didn't come up when I pulled an affected map into Tray Importer.
Message 6 of 7 (249 Views)

Hero
@zoiee2020 weird indeed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (236 Views)